• Show
Clear All

Rollover Futures Instruments won't rollover Mar23 ES, MES

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-07 190847.png
Views:	103
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1281268

Tried a Reset DB, Repair DB and removed folders under NT8 > db directory and let NT reload all. Still pops up and won't rollover.

Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Clint

On the Control Center, click on Tools...Instruments, click on ES and scroll down to the bottom of the pop-up, then click on Contract months (83 rollovers)...click on 03-24 and it says rollover date is 12/11/2023. Don't know why it would prompt for rollover before then.

Comment

Hello cshox,

Thank you very much for your post.

As mentioned by Ziegfried, the ES doesn't rollover in NinjaTrader until 12/11/2023.

If you would like to rollover before this date, you can manually adjust any contract rollover date using the following steps:
      • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window
      • Search for and double-click on the Instrument you wish to modify to pull up its Properties window (or highlight it and select edit at the bottom of the window)
      • Scroll down and select 'Edit Rollovers' next to the Contract Months setting
      • Select the 'ES 03-24' contract from the 'Configured' list on the left, and then change its 'Rollover Date' to any day prior to today on the right. Click 'OK' to apply.
      • Close this window. Go to the Tools > Database Management Window and click "Rollover". Click OK to close this window once the process is complete.
      • Right-click on your Chart and select 'Reload Historical Data' for the changes to take effect.
      All contract rollover dates may be viewed in the 'Upcoming Events' calendar on your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard.

If you do not want your chart to automatically merge previous contracts together as a continuous chart, you may change the Global Merge Policy to 'Do not merge' in the Tools > Options > Market Data window. Additional information on contract Merge Policies may be read here in our NinjaTrader Help Guide.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!​
      Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Zigfried and Manfred. I wasn't totally clear. My issue was that the rollover related to something from Mar 2023 - I've continually rolled over since that time so why would this still be outstanding? Should have rolled over in June, Sept. I've never left a position open beyond end of day close. In any case, not a show stopper so I shall wait for Dec rollover and try suggestions above. Thank you both again for your replies. Most appreciated.

Comment

Hello cshox,

Thanks for your reply post.

If you are still seeing these old expiries that will not clear after rolling over today, we'd want to review your log and trace files to investigate further, which should not be posted publicly on the forum. You can send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Please ensure 'Log and Trace Files' is checked to include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 04167479 ATTN: Drew​
          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post Anfedport  
          Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes