Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any changes made to a default workspace..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any changes made to a default workspace..

will be lost.

This message appears annoyingly when I am closing NT.
    I have disabled the "show default ws" in the options settings.

How to get rid of this message?

I have installed NT from scratch on a new Win 11 PC.

Thansk
    Attached Files

Hello Trader108,

Thank you very much for your post.

This message occurs if a Default Workspace has been opened and the platform is being closed.

To resolve this, please create a new workspace and save this workspace before restarting NinjaTrader. The default workspace will then no longer open and the message should not recur.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
        Hello Trader108,

Thank you very much for your post.

This message occurs if a Default Workspace has been opened and the platform is being closed.

To resolve this, please create a new workspace and save this workspace before restarting NinjaTrader. The default workspace will then no longer open and the message should not recur.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
        Hi,
        I also find myself facing this little inconvenience. I honestly didn't understand the procedure I need to perform to solve this problem. Could you please explain the solution a little more in detail. Thank you, greetings.​

Comment

Hello murena80 ,

Thanks for your reply on this thread.

You can create a new workspace from the Control Center under Workspaces -> new. Once created, you can save that workspace in the Workspaces menu by clicking the "save" button next to your new workspace. Once done, please restart the platform and check for the message prompt.
          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
            Hello murena80 ,

Thanks for your reply on this thread.

You can create a new workspace from the Control Center under Workspaces -> new. Once created, you can save that workspace in the Workspaces menu by clicking the "save" button next to your new workspace. Once done, please restart the platform and check for the message prompt.
            Hi,
            thank you for your reply. I saved a new empty workspace but when I close the platform, that warning message still pops up. I think in the past I deleted the default workspaces. Could this be the problem?​​

Comment

Hello murena80,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is the Default workspace still open? You can check under the Workspaces menu in the Control Center. Click "Default Workspaces" in the menu that appears. Are there any workspaces with a gray or green icon next to them? If so, please click "close" to close this workspace. The goal is to ensure your new workspace is the only workspace open when restarting the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
                Hello murena80,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is the Default workspace still open? You can check under the Workspaces menu in the Control Center. Click "Default Workspaces" in the menu that appears. Are there any workspaces with a gray or green icon next to them? If so, please click "close" to close this workspace. The goal is to ensure your new workspace is the only workspace open when restarting the platform.
                Hi,
                no unfortunately I'm afraid I deleted the Default Workspaces recently, I don't even remember how. Is there a possibility to restore it? Because that seems to be the problem with the appearance of that message.​

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20240318.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes