"Request Bars Incomplete"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Request Bars Incomplete"

Hello -- When I load a workspace (and chart+strategy), I am getting a popup erro indicating "Request Bars Incomplete". I've tried restarting a few times.

A search here didn't yield anything. What is the error and how do I fix it? Thank you.

Hello asd32,

Thank you for the message.

Does the message appear when you first load in the workspace, or only after opening the chart and putting the strategy on it?
    • This message sounds like it is coming from an indicator or 3rd party add-on that needs more bars or data to finish its calculations.

From here, please try creating a new/basic workspace with only a single default NinjaTrader Chart in it and testing if the behaviors continue:
    • Go to the Control Center > Workspaces > Click new > Give it a name like "Test" > Click OK
    • Go back to the Workspaces Menu > Hover the mouse over the "Test" workspace > Click save > Now, restart NinjaTrader
    After restarting the platform, it should open to the Empty Test Workspace. Add a Test Chart to this workspace and test if the unwanted behaviors continue:
    • Go to the Control Center > New > Chart
    • Select the ES 12-23
    • Make it a 1-minute chart
    • Set the 'Days to load' to 5
    • Make sure 'Template' in the top-right corner is set to < None >
    • Set the Time frame > Trading hours > To "Default 24x7"
    • Click OK to make the chart
    ​Now, save the workspace and restart the platform one more time so it loads into this basic/test workspace.
    • Does the error still appear?
      • If no, that means it was coming from something added to the original workspace.
        • You could either add things back to this testing workspace 1-by-1, save it, then restart the platform and check if the error has returned to narrow in on what is causing it.
        • Or, return to the original workspace and remove indicators and windows 1-by-1, save and restart the platform until the error goes away and you will know the last thing removed was causing it.
    Once you narrow in on what is causing this message to appear, you can reach out to the developers and ask them why it is appearing and what needs to be done to avoid it moving forward.
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid  
    Started by port119, Today, 02:43 PM
    0 responses
    1 view