Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader Lagging

Hi,

I have been running Ninjatrader on my 3 monitor setup and have experienced lagging clicks whenever I try to submit an order or even just general clicking. The lagging will last 5-6 seconds until the action comes through

I am running a:
    Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
    3 32" Samsung S7 Montiors
    Crucial 32GB Memory

I was wondering if this could be the graphics card as I am only using Simple Moving Averages as my indicators.

No, not your graphics card.

What does Task Manager show is your CPU %? If you use New -> NinjaScript Output and right-click then NinjaScript Utilization Monitor is Simple Moving Average the only thing running?

Rather than focus on your hardware brands and particulars let's better understand too how many windows you have open, of what instrument and bar type and bar size, and what the market conditions are when this happens.

And when you say it takes 5-6 seconds for the action to come through, is this with a simulated trading account locally e.g. SIM101 or a server-side simulation account e.g. DEMOxxxx or a broker account? If it's a broker account, with which broker? And if it's a broker account, does this happen if you use SIM101 or DEMO?
    Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 11-29-2023, 07:08 AM.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Thanks for you reply,

I will attach photos of my setup and the results from the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor test.

The setup I am running has 2 monitors with 8 charts open with the third having a larger screen with 10 tabs.

The 5-6 seconds is with any click whether that be to change over workspaces, add a new indicator or open the ChartTrader

The NinjaTrader GPU test:

Average (no clicks): 20%-23%
      Average (with clicking): 30%-33%
      Attached Files

Comment

The NinjaScript utilization does indeed indicate it is spending the majority of its time drawing the candlesticks. Perhaps NinjaTrader can advise why the UI may become unresponsive under these conditions.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

That the UtilMon shows chart style as highest use is ‘expected behaviour’ and not in and of itself indicative of a problem/cause of delay (I’d ‘reverse the argument’ and say that if it wasn’t the top of the table then the problem would be whatever was!).

First thing Support will ask is remove your 3rd party indicators - I only see a couple so simple to do.
          Then, I see your charts appear to be identical
          so I’d suggest delete all except one, test, then duplicate incrementally changing each new one to your desired new instrument.

Each instrument uses a single cpu core. If you have more instruments than cores you may be overloading one or more.

Hope this helps
          Best,

Comment

I also experienced lags, especially when submitting live orders. In my case, I solved it by downgrading from win11 to win10. NT became faster, and there have been no lags for now.

Comment

I am also getting charts lagging after upgrade to NT 8.1.2.0 64 bit. I don't think its CPU or memory related as I have ample cores and memory on the machine. It happens when price is moving very fast. The bid/ask on SuperDom and ChartTrader are fine, but the chart candles start to lag. The candles never re-sync even after pressing F5 for reload. The only way to get the chart candles to get back into sync is changing the instrument and then changing back to the original instrument.

How can I diagnose where the problem is?

Comment

I'm also getting laggs about 5 secs in fullscreen latest version (thought it was just me), when in a smaller windowed size of same chart no laggs when clicking. I should note that moving the window using the scrolling wheel(side to side) or right hand side ctrl+hold left mouse button'(up down movement only) shows no laggs only when clicking inside the window and in larger sized NT8 windows.

Comment

Hello trader-ap,

Thank you for your response.

What you are describing is somewhat of a hallmark symptom of a chart rendering delay, which is caused by bottlenecks in processing. We have some guides available on our Help Center that can help you to determine if there is a single underlying source or if your workspace would simply require some optimizations. I've included the links to these below:

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/article/How-Do-I-Use-the-NinjaScript-Utilization-Monitor-to-Resolve-Rendering-Delays?language=en_US

You are also welcome to reach out to our team by sending an email with a description of the problem to support(at)ninjatrader(dot)com.
                  Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
                    text
                    Running the chart in windowed mode and stretching it to the edges of screen (instead of fullscreen, looks the same) AND unchecking the 'Allow the selection or drag/drop' decreased the lagg from 5 secs to about half a second. Without any indicators on the chart doesn't appear to show any laggs when clicking in chart, only when indicator active.

(It appears that in fullscreen mode in a chart for me, if I click middle of chart the window looks like it wants to resize, I can see it change size for a split second outside of screen, then once unfreeze it restores to normal fullscreen size, maybe there could be a connection to the lagg)(running a 4k screen over here)

*Edit; Also disable "show tabs" !
                    Last edited by johntraderuser2; 01-15-2024, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Hello johntraderuser2,

Thank you for your response.

Does it happen in Safe Mode as well? If so, and you would like to troubleshoot with our staff, please send us an email at the aforementioned email address (support(at)ninjatrader(dot)com) and provide the tech that you are working with a detailed description of the behavior.

If it subsides in Safe Mode, you will need to figure out which component of the charts may be at the root of the problem by using trial and error in normal mode, and contacting the developer if it is a third party or custom script.
                      Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post futtrader  
                      Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes