How to create snippets of historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create snippets of historical data

Hi all. I'm presently learning to read the price ladder. Watching it live is a drag. So I would like to create snippets of setups (at the moment in hindsight) to study them at detail.
    I know how to setup a playback connection and add days. I know the goto function in the playback window.

What I can't do really good is to cut out about 3 - 5 mins to study them precisely. That is, I couldn't figure out how to clip out the interesting times and furthermore the playback window is a bit rough on the interface (slider bar). What I would really like is to have an interface, where I can play the data tickwise.

Anybody around, who did this, or knows how to do that?

Best regards, Hendrik

Hello Hendrik,

Unfortunately there is no function to "cut/clip out" Playback data to create snippets. I will forward the suggestion to support such a feature.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I thought so, as I didn't find anything. But for anything that doesn't work there are workarounds. Somebody around?

Comment

Still on it.
        Tools / Historical Data / Download
        I set the parameters and click Download. It does something, I can't however find the file afterwards. There is no interface to set the location of the download. All it says is "Loading ES 12-23 ..." If I search this in my file system all I get is positions on my sim101 account.
        My plan is to download a day, find interesting setups, create my "snippets" reimport them and study them. So far.
        If I export market replay data, the content is different from what the denominator says.

So anyway. Thats the plan.

Any hints on that ... ?

Comment

... and on it goes ...
          I exported one day of historical data. Edit out anything I don't need. Tried to reimport "0 data record(s) successfully imported" (
          I tried to export 3 days worth of historical data, change the name, so I would know which is which. Found out you can't change the name.
          I tried to reimport the file that has it's name not changed. Successful import. However, where is it now?

Are you telling me that I cannot import correctly formatted tick data, wherever they come from, and view them? In the best case put them into playback?
          Oh my.

My tortured mind is working on the most moron way to do that, namely playback from the playback interface, make a screen recording and edit the video? Really now?​

Anybody around here, to help me?

Comment

You can view all historical data downloaded in NinjaTrader Desktop under 'Loaded' in the Historical Data window.

It is not supported to edit Market Replay data files.

There are 2 data types that can be used with the Playback connection - Market Replay data and historical tick data.

You could download historical tick data first and then export the historical tick data in a .tx file. Delete the historical tick data in NinjaTrader Desktop. Once deleted, please shut down NinjaTrader Desktop. Edit the .txt file so it only contains the data you need. Start NinjaTrader Desktop and import the .txt file.

Please see the links below. Copy/paste the link without quotations in your web browser.

Delete historical data
            "https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?editing.htm#HowToDeleteHistoricalData"

Export historical data
            "https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?exporting.htm"

Import historical data
            "https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?importing.htm"

Comment

The internal tracking number for the feature request to create snippets for the Playback is SFT-6145. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting us if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:08 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ETFVoyageur  
              Started by kujista, 04-22-2024, 07:46 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes