Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT 8 is not advancing from one bar to the next.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 is not advancing from one bar to the next.

I shut NT (8.1.1.7 64-bit) down last night, which is fairly rare for me. Yesterday, it was working fine. When I brought it up this morning, and connected to the sim server, the charts updated to the present bar. Then the price remained stuck on that bar, moving up and down it even when the bar's period had long expired. This occurred on all three time-based charts I had up and one tick chart. I shut the program down and started it up again. The chart was updated to the present and remained stuck again. Then I rebooted the machine, which didn't seem likely to change anything. It didn't. My next thought is to download the installer again and start from scratch. Help?

Hello owen5819,

Thank you very much for your post.

Could you send us your log & trace files? We could then take a closer look at what might be causing this error.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief note in the message referring to this post.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!​
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I will be happy to. However, I have just brought it up again, and it's working. Shall I hold off until the problem recurs?

Comment

Hello owen5819,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I would suggest still sending us the files. If any errors have been reported, we should be able to track down what occurred and how to avoid it going forward.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!

Comment

As recommended, I sent the log and trace files this morning.

Further observation: I brought NT8 up earlier and found it stuck on one bar again. I left it on screen, and an hour or so later the chart spontaneously began to function normally.

This morning, Spencer F. at Client Services reported that this issue was caused by my use of delayed data without subscribing to any real-time data. As it happens, I plan to sign up for real-time data at the beginning of the month and am glad to have his explanation of how to order the data and arrange payment for it. However, I have to say that this explanation is strongly counterintuitive, as it conflicts with months of successfully using delayed data exclusively. I wonder whether you and/or your technical colleagues endorse it.

Comment

Hello owen5819,

Thank you very much for your reply.

While I can't say with certainty why this occurred without taking a closer look at the log & trace files myself, my suggestion would be to reply to my colleague and ask for clarification, as he would best be able to answer this.

Please note that, due to the upcoming holidays, our working hours are limited tomorrow. It is possible you might not hear back from my colleague until Friday.

Of course, please don't hesitate to let me know should you have any further questions in the meantime!

Comment

Okay, here's more data:

Time-based bars don't advance. Price simply rises and falls on the same bar. The time never changes.​

The problem is inconsistent. When I bring NT8 up in the morning, it sometimes works normally. More often, it doesn't. In one session, the price at first was confined to a single bar and a few minutes later began to function normally. The change was spontaneous. I had done nothing to cause it.

Tick, range, and volume charts operate normally. At least, they are functioning properly in this session. This is the first session in which I have thought to check them, so it may not always be true.

All I know for now.

If this does reflect a problem with delayed data, it will be behind me next week. as I plan to order live data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by JesseOffshore, Today, 09:40 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post JesseOffshore  
              Started by WHICKED, 04-26-2024, 12:56 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes