Adv Decl Indicators in User App Share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adv Decl Indicators in User App Share

Hi, I have downloaded both Adv DECL Indicators posted in User App Share and neither work. I subscribe to Key Indexes. I can get ADV and Decl candles real time but indicators do not show data. My data feed is from NinjaTrader. Can you help? Thanks, Matt

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your post.

To clarify, are you referring to the Advance Decline indicator from the User App Share page linked below?

Advance Decline: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...vance-decline/

Do you see any error messages appearing in the Log tab of the Control Center when enabling the script on a chart? If so, what exactly does the error message state?

Please send a screenshot of the error message so we may accurately assist.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    ​We look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello matthew splitt,

Are you referring to this specific indicator linked below?
      NYSE Advancing Issues/Declining Issues Uses historical tick data to calculate the ^ADV index minus the ^DECL index to give a simulation of the ^ADD index. Requires a data feed that supports indexes and provides data for the ^ADV (NYSE Advancing Issues) and ^DECL (NYSE Declining Issues). Update June 16th, 2020 – Corrected stroke attributes to […]

What instrument on the chart?

If you open a ^ADV chart with 100 Tick, do you see the historical data loaded? Do you see new bars forming in realtime?

​​​​​​​
      I am showing this is working on 8.1.2.0.

Below is a link to a video of the test.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I am trying the indicator you described above and also this indicator below. Below is from log file. Also, loading the $ADD chart (Ninja built-in Advance/Decline line) loads a blank page.

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ket-internals/

Indicator 'A1MarketInternals': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: 'AddDataSeries' method only accepts valid instrument names. Either '^TICK' does not exist in the Instrument Manager or the specified exchange has not been configured.
        2023-11-21 12:43:32:744|3|4|Indicator 'AdvanceDecline': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: 'AddDataSeries' method only accepts valid instrument names. Either '^ADV' does not exist in the Instrument Manager or the specified exchange has not been configured.
        2023-11-21 12:43:32:758|3|4|Indicator 'A1MarketInternals': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: 'AddDataSeries' method only accepts valid instrument names. Either '^TICK' does not exist in the Instrument Manager or the specified exchange has not been configured.
        2023-11-21 12:43:32:791|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced.
        '
        2023-11-21 12:44:13:444|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced.
        '
        2023-11-21 12:44:13:488|3|4|Indicator 'A1MarketInternals': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: 'AddDataSeries' method only accepts valid instrument names. Either '^TICK' does not exist in the Instrument Manager or the specified exchange has not been configured.
        2023-11-21 12:44:13:488|3|4|Indicator 'AdvanceDecline': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: 'AddDataSeries' method only accepts valid instrument names. Either '^ADV' does not exist in the Instrument Manager or the specified exchange has not been configured.
        2023-11-21 12:44:13:496|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced.
        '
        2023-11-21 12:44:26:923|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced.
        '
        2023-11-21 12:44:26:965|3|4|Indicator 'A1MarketInternals': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: 'AddDataSeries' method only accepts valid instrument names. Either '^TICK' does not exist in the Instrument Manager or the specified exchange has not been configured.
        2023-11-21 12:44:26:966|3|4|Indicator 'AdvanceDecline': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: 'AddDataSeries' method only accepts valid instrument names. Either '^ADV' does not exist in the Instrument Manager or the specified exchange has not been configured.
        2023-11-21 12:44:26:974|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced.
        '
        2023-11-21 12:44:40:833|3|4|A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: The object was not in the correct state to process the method.

2023-11-21 12:44:40:833|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: The object was not in the correct state to process the method.
        '
        2023-11-21 12:45:16:668|3|4|Indicator 'AdvanceDecline': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: 'AddDataSeries' method only accepts valid instrument names. Either '^ADV' does not exist in the Instrument Manager or the specified exchange has not been configured.
        2023-11-21 12:45:16:678|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced.
        '
        2023-11-21 12:45:33:058|3|4|A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced.

2023-11-21 12:45:33:059|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced.
        '​

Comment

Hello matthew splitt,

It is expected that the ^ADD will not load with a NinjaTrader connection as this is not available. This is why the AdvanceDecline indicator was created.

May I confirm you are using a caret ^ before the index?

May I see a screenshot of a ^ADV 100 Tick chart?
          May I also see a screenshot of a ^DECL 100 Tick chart?
          May I also see a screenshot of a ^TICK 100 chart?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool or Snip and Sketch.
          Click here for instructions using Snipping Tool
          Click here for instructions using Snip and Sketch

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
          Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Yes NinjaTrader_ChelseaB​ I am getting live $ADV data, although for some reason chart label in upper left does not appear.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	$ADV (100 Tick) 2023_11_21 (1_00_18 PM).png
Views:	67
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1278939

Comment

Hello matthew splitt,

You've typed $ADV.

Use a caret ^ and not a dollar sign $.

Show a screenshot of ^ADV and not $ADV.
              Show a screenshot of ^DECL and not $DECL.
              Show a screenshot of ^TICK and not $TICK.

May I see the entire chart including the title bar?

Are you updated to 8.1.2.0?

Comment

I do not have ^ ability. If I type ^Adv or ^Decl or ^ADD I get an invalid instrument error. Everything on my charts and Instrument lists for indexes uses $ sign.

Comment

$ADD chart I cannot type ^ADD
                  Attached Files

Comment

Using ^ to add chart.
                    Attached Files

Comment

8.1.2 Version Click image for larger version

Name:	version.png
Views:	60
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1278948

Comment

Hello matthew splitt,

That might be part of the issue. The script was designed for the Numeric 'Symbology display style'.

Open Tools -> Options -> General, and set 'Symbology display style' to 'Numeric'.

Alternatively, you can edit the script and change the instrument in AddDataSeries() to $ADV and $DECL and $TICK.

Comment

Changed to Numeric setting. Advance Decline indicator from User App Share working. And I have ^^^^^^^ !!!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

^ADD chart loads blank.
                            Attached Files

Comment

OK. Sorry. Ninja Trader does not load the ^ADD chart. I would need a different provider, I think.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rbeckmann05, Today, 05:50 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rbeckmann05  
                              Started by doihaveto13, Today, 05:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post doihaveto13