Strategyanalyzerlogs ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategyanalyzerlogs ??

I found this folder within NT8. It keeps adding many files, not only records of analysis but also the source code associated. I really don't like this. If I want to save an analysis, it should be an option that I have, not a forced unwilling creation within a folder of that data and the source code???? Really?? What is the justification for this ?? Why does NT8 need this?

- I want to delete all files there. I imagine it's safe to delete text.files, isn't it?
    - Is there any option to prevent the creation of all these files?

I am against this function and I formally do the request to prevent NT8 from creating this folder, completely unnecessary for the system.
    No serious Algo developers would take the risk of I.P. leaks because of this procedure. Please, eliminate it, or at least make it optional.
    Very uneasy. Fortunately, most of us don't have serious Algos.

Last edited by pstrusi; 11-18-2023, 04:46 PM.

Hello pstrusi,

Thanks for your post.

You could delete Strategy Analyzer Log files by opening a File Explorer window, navigating to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\strategyanalyzerlogs folder, and deleting the files in this folder.

These are used to hold the log files for Strategy Analyzer backtest/optimizations to be viewed at later times. The logs could be viewed in the Strategy Analyzer by opening a New > Strategy Analyzer window, right-clicking in the Strategy Analyzer window, and selecting "Show log".

There are no options available to prevent Strategy Analyzer Log files from being created. I have submitted your feature request to the Development team for this so they may take implementing this feature into consideration. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-6130.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:04 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ETFVoyageur  
    Started by mjbatts91, Today, 04:48 PM
    0 responses