Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Connection?

\
    Folks, I really need your help understanding what can cause a broken network connection.

I'm running a few different simultaneous instances of NT, on different machines. Sometimes, I'll get the broken network connection indication; yet, I doubt it's a network issue, because:

- Of my other NT instances also running, they're all good
    - On the NT instance that does lose a connection, I'm watching YouTube without interruption, can access email without delay, and so on.

I've changed the network cable, without improvement, What might cause this error, other than the obvious broken network connection? Thaks,

Attached Files

Hello timmbbo,

Thank you very much for your post.

One issue we sometimes encounter are "latency improvement programs". These often come pre-installed e.g. on Gamer laptops and are intended to limit the bandwidth usage of idle programs to make this bandwidth available to a live stream or video game.

As NinjaTrader's idle connection requires minimal bandwidth, these programs can then identify NinjaTrader as a false positive, blocking its connection.

When NinjaTrader recognizes this, it attempts to reconnect, which would overrule this limitation, which could then trigger again just a few minutes later, resulting in permanent reconnects.

If you are aware of any such program (common names would be Dell Smartbyte and Killer Network), please (temporarily) disable this program or uninstall it to stop it from interrupting NinjaTrader.

If you are uncertain which application is causing this, you could also send us your log & trace files, and we can best assist you further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief note in the message, referring to this post.
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Manfred, thanks. I'm emailing my trace and log files now.

I'm still vexed by this issue. I just set my Options -> Strategies -> On Connection Loss, I set the disconnection delay seconds to 6 minutes. Then, I initiated a connection. The connection stayed live for less than two minutes, before I get the dreaded red circle again. So, I got a disconnection, before the timeout period elapsed.

Also, I'm running on a pretty stock machine. I have PCs dedicated to just running NT. So, besides NT and surfing a bit of the net, there's not much else on the machine.

Thanks for your help,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes