Order Flow Volume Profile Drawing Tool in Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow Volume Profile Drawing Tool in Playback

I'm doing some trading in Playback and I'm having an issue with the Order Flow Volume Profile drawing tool not calculating when drawn on days that are not the current session. The tool works as expected when drawn on the current day of playback and weirdly also when overlapping between two days, regardless of which days it is drawn overlapping.
    Here you can see the tool not calculating and displaying properly (the empty blue box on the left hand chart) when drawn on a prior day (in this case playback is on 2/11, whereas the tool is drawn on 1/11)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.png
Views:	125
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	1276666
    But, if I drag the tool slightly to the right, now overlapping two days, the tool updates and displays properly:

Name:	Capture2.png
Views:	90
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	1276667
    This issue isn't encountered when drawn on a range within the current day's playback:

Name:	Capture3.png
Views:	88
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	1276668
    Settings for the Order Flow Volume Profile tool seen in the screenshots above:

Name:	Capture5.png
Views:	86
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1276670
    When trading live in simulation, I don't encounter this issue and the tool calculates and displays the info regardless of where I draw it.
    These are the settings for the data series that I'm trying to draw the tool on, although I have the same problem on other charts for different instruments and timeframes, the only commonality ​being the fact it is in playback:

Name:	Capture4.png
Views:	86
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1276669
    I have also updated to the current release (8.1.2.0) just in case but I still have the same problem and I have a lifetime license. Also, I am downloading the data for playback from NinjaTrader and have made sure that I am downloading all of the data for the days I want to playback. I don't think it's a bug, but more likely I'm missing something about how the tool works with playback, so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello naqwus ​,

Thank you for your post on the NinjaTrader forums!

This behavior is expected as noted in our Help Guide seen here:
    • https://ninjatrader[dot]com/support/helpguides/nt8/index.html?order_flow_volume_profile.htm#DrawingTo ol

Name:	image.png
Views:	53
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	1276695

Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.
    Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post burtoninlondon  
    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes