Error importing custom Ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error importing custom Ninjascript

I am getting an error message when importing a NinjaScript Add on for a custom indicator. It is a custom indicator I have used previously and I was updating it. I removed the old indicator using the "Remove Ninja Script Assembly" command before trying to import the update. When I go to import the new Ninja Script add on I am getting the following error messages. Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	85
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1276222

Views:	71
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	1276223

Views:	70
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	1276224​​

Hello MitchMoeller,

Thank you for the message.

With these kind of errors, they can be difficult to resolve over the forum as this is specific to the files within your NinjaTrader installation.
    • This normally means that the NinjaScript you are trying to import has a same variable as one of the NinjaScripts already within the platform.
      • For example Script A says X = 5 while the new script B X = 11, so it doesn't let you import it.
    Since NinjaTrader support doesn't know what other add-ons and scripts you have in there, there is no way for us to know exactly which files need to be removed to make the errors go away.

So, we will provide the steps to remove all of the 3rd party add-ons so you can then reimport your add-ons as desired.
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Go to the Documents folder > NinjaTrader 8 > bin, Right-click on this folder and Rename it to "bin Old" and press Enter to save the name change
    • Now we need to Repair the NinjaTrader installation:
      • Go to the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features > Click NinjaTrader 8 > Click Repair > Click Next through the prompts until finished
    • Reopen NinjaTrader and check for compile errors using the steps above
      • You may need to manually remove the old references before reimporting the add-ons
        • Right-click on the NinjaScript Editor and Compile to show the errors > Then Click References > You can drag the edges of this window to make it bigger and see the full file paths > Remove any references where you can see the 3rd party .dll files being referenced, they are normally toward the very bottom, but not always.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post llanqui
    by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses