Disabling Stacking Feature of Orders in the "Basic Entry" Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling Stacking Feature of Orders in the "Basic Entry" Window

Is there an option to disable the stacking of my orders from the "Basic Entry" window?

I've noticed that the feature of averaging an order position can seem useful in monitoring the average of my total position.
    There are situations where it's not ideal.

Each position I enter is unique and should be treated as such Contractually.

Unfortunately, this unwanted feature has been affecting my entry and exit points without my consent, leading to less favorable positions.

It's important to emphasize that each order represents a separate contract with its own set of risk and reward parameters.

However, the stacking feature averages my orders, altering the entry and exit points without my consent nor intent.

This isn't something I've never experienced with any other platform, and it's causing disruptions in my trading strategy.

Has anyone else encountered a way to disable this stacking feature? I'd appreciate any insights or solutions to regain more control over my order positions.
    ​

Hello MissingUMarkHaines ​,

Thank you for your post on the forums.

Orders by default are meant to average out in entry price as they are treated as FIFO. This means that the order that goes in first is the first one to close out.

You can check out "ATM Strategy Selection Mode" " Display Selected ATM Strategy Only" as this mode will visually separate all concurrent running ATM Strategies thereby allowing you to have multiple SuperDOMs open, tracking the same market but displaying different trade strategies.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.
    Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you,

This is the Youtube video link to adjust the parameters.

NinjaTrader is an award-winning, end-to-end online trading platform for discretionary and automated trading for stocks, futures and forex.Download NinjaTrade...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Anfedport  
      Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post iceman2018