Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update SL and TP

HI

I have been using MT4, MT5 and Tradingview so far and it is very easy and user friendly. But on the other hand Ninjatrader is very hard man not at all user friendly.

Can you please tell me how to put a stoploss and takeprofit on already running trade please?

I am not asking about putting a buy trade or sell trade in opposite direction of trade, I am asking about proper stoploss and take profit.

When i use desktop version of Ninja trader, in control panel i cannot see any tabs like positions, accounts etc. I have tried all options but nothing seems to work.

The ATM custom strategy not at all useful if i want to put a stoploss at lower high or higher low which means the number of pips are not fixed and TP is X times of SL pips, how do you do it?

Thanks,

Rao

Hello,

If not using an ATM strategy, you can place an OCO order pair with a stop and target order. Below is a link to our help center overviewing how to accomplish this:

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
      Hello,

If not using an ATM strategy, you can place an OCO order pair with a stop and target order. Below is a link to our help center overviewing how to accomplish this:

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...Trader-Desktop
      Sir I am not using Ninja Trader Desktop because like i mentioned in my original message, the desktop version is not displaying "Orders", "Executions", "Stratagies", "Positions", "Accounts" etc tabs hence i cannot update SL TP there.

I am using web based Ninja trader but there is no right click allowed to get an option to open OCO orders, please advise me how to put SL and TP on Web based |Ninjatrader.

Why are you making life so hard, can't it be easy like Tradingview?

Comment

Hello,

Below is the guide for using such orders on the web based platform for reference:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stop Loss with OCO Order - Limit Order.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1275981it is not working sir,

I have a running sell trade on gold and I am trying to put a OCO stop loss with Buy but it says wrong parameters, i tried both with LIMIT and STOP
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

It appears that you are placing two buy limit orders. With OCO order pairs, one will need to be a stop order. This error occurs when one leg of the OCO order pair is setup incorrectly, such as a buy and sell order, two stop orders, or two limit orders. If you change either the second order to a stop limit or stop market order this error will no longer occur.

Comment

No I am not placing two limit orders, I tried with Limit order not worked then i tried with stop order not worked.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please write into support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so one of our reps may further assist you with your issue? It seems you may be hitting an error specific to your instance that we may need to look into further.

Comment

Originally posted by pmachiraju View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Stop Loss with OCO Order - Limit Order.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1275981it is not working sir,

I have a running sell trade on gold and I am trying to put a OCO stop loss with Buy but it says wrong parameters, i tried both with LIMIT and STOP
                  Are you able to solve this, getting similar error on my end, let me know what mistake I am doing

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cre8able  
                  Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ChartTourist