^VIX ^SP500 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^VIX ^SP500 not working

Since I switched to "My Ninjatrader" connection instead of continuum, ^VIX and ^SP500 are not working properly.

Neither of them work at all in my Market Watch or Market Analyzer. The ^SP500 will load historical data on a chart up to the current time but won't recieve any real time data. The ^VIX will load historical data on a chart up to like 45 minutes before the current time...? ^Tick seems to work. What's the deal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	91
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1275656

Views:	101
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	1275655

Hello NickyD,

Thank you for the message.

We were made aware that a few of the Indexes will not be updating on the"NinjaTrader" connection at this time so you would want to switch back to using the older "NinjaTrader Continuum" connection to continue receiving real-time quotes for these Indexes:

To Connect using the "NinjaTrader Continuum" connection type:
    • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure
    • Double-click "NinjaTrader Continuum" in the 'Available' list on the top left of the window that opened
    • You will see the new connection appear below in the 'Configured' section
    • In the Properties section on the right side of the window
    • Make sure the 'Demo' box is NOT checked
    • Click OK
    • Go back to the Control Center > Connections > Click on the connection you just made
    From here, the Indexes should start updating in real-time again.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awesome. Another let down by NT.

Trading is really difficult. Trading with NT brokerage is even harder.

Comment

I noticed the same issue. How does this work with using the VIX in strategies? I have a strategy that relies on VIX real-time data? I have no problem getting real-time data on Thinkorswim or TradeStation. How do we get real time data for strategies?

Comment

Hello tjfintrade,

Thank you for the message.

If you are NinjaTrader Brokerage User, then you could use the following guide to find your NinjaTrader Continuum Username and reset its password.
          • How to reset NinjaTrader Continuum Password
            • Then use this Username and Password along with the steps 3 posts above dictating the steps to connect using the "NinjaTrader Continuum" connection type.
            • From there, the various Indexes would update as expected and you would be ready to use those instruments in your strategies.
          If you have an account with a different Broker or Data Provider, then you would get a real-time data subscription with them and then connect to them within the NinjaTrader Platform and then you would get the real-time data for those instruments and be able to use them in your strategies.

Please see the guide below for a list of the different providers and the instruments and data that are provided through each connection:​​​​​​​
          Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​

Comment

Originally posted by tjfintrade View Post
            I noticed the same issue. How does this work with using the VIX in strategies? I have a strategy that relies on VIX real-time data? I have no problem getting real-time data on Thinkorswim or TradeStation. How do we get real time data for strategies?
            Yes, I am a NT Brokerage User and I have a data package via NT. I am also already connected to the NT Continuum and the ^VIX data is still delayed. I have to constantly refresh the historical data on the chart to get it to populate the most current data.

Comment

Hello tjfintrade,

Thank you for the update.

Please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
              • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
              • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
              • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
              • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
              • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
              • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
                • Send the email
              ​We look forward to your response and resolving your inquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                Hello tjfintrade,

Please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
                • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
                • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
                • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
                • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
                • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
                • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
                  • Send the email
                ​We look forward to your response and resolving your inquiry.

I figured out what the problem is but unfortunately, this was not clear in any of the responses.

Even if you use the continuum login and have the CME data bundle, you will not get real-time data unless you add the CBOE data addon.

However, when you click on the product list to see what all is included with the CBOE addon a list is not available.

I don't understand why a list of products would not be included for the CBOE or the NASDAQ OMX Global. Every other data package has a product list. How does the user know what they are paying for?

Views:	40
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1278197

Views:	48
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1278195

Views:	39
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1278196​​
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello tjfintrade,

You are fundamentally facing a different issue than the initial user that wrote in so that is why there were no steps or responses that answered your questions.

In addition, if you had written to our support team directly, we would have been able to investigate your account and information specifically and would have been able to see that you weren't enabled for the necessary data package to view the real-time data for the indexes and would have been able to specifically suggest adding that.

I have checked and we already have a ticket with the Development team to get the supported instruments of those two exchanges updated.

Until they are able to get those updated, you can see the various Indexes and Market Internals that are supported through NinjaTrader at the link below:
                  ​​​​​​​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes