Abnormal Candle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abnormal Candle

Sometimes when I try to open a new indicator, there is an abnormal candle at the end of the chart (the current time). I can't find a way to correct it. I tried reloading the chart and downloading historical data, but it didn't work. Attached is the screenshot of the normal MNQ DEC23 data, which shows the correct chart, and the MNQ MAR24 chart, which has the abnormal candle. Can someone help me rectify the problem with the MNQ MAR24 chart?
    Attached Files

Hello cranky,

Thank you for the message.

This is due to the Merge Policy selected in the platform mixed with looking at a future contract before the platform is officially rolled over to it.
    • By default, the Merge Policy will be set to "Merge Back Adjusted" which uses an offset value to merge prior contracts together to make it appear like it is a "Continuous Chart"
    However, this will also affect how a chart works if you try to look at a future contract before the platform has officially been rolled to it.
    • So on the chart you have the MNQ MAR24 selected:
      • The platform will load in the "Historical Data" from the "Current" Contract, MNQ DEC23 (MNQ 12-23), and then from there, draw the new bars with the "Real-Time" data from the MNQ MAR24 (MNQ 03-24)
        • That is what creates the long bar, the difference between the last bit of loaded Historical data from the Old Contract jumping to the Current price of the Future contract.

To avoid this from happening, you could switch the Merge Policy of the platform to "Do not merge". This will cause each chart window to only display the historical data for the specific Contract that is selected within the "Instrument Selector"
    • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Categories > Market Data > Properties > Historical > Global merge policy > Set this to "Do not merge" > Click OK
    • Now, Right-click on the charts and select "Reload all historical data"
    Please visit the guide below for more detailed information on the Merge Policy and how it affects your charts:
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid  
    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes