Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATR without plotting

Hey everyone,

I'm using the stock NinjaTrader ATR indicator. Does anyone know if it is possible to display ATR without having it plotted on a chart? It would be great if it only was displayed as a number on the bottom right-hand corner of the chart in the same fashion as the stock Bar Timer indicator.

Hello Board game geek,

Thank you very much for your post.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of an existing method that would display the value on the chart, without also drawing the indicator.

While I suspect this would be relatively easy to implement, I was also not able to find an existing third-party script that enables this.

If you are interested in creating this script yourself our Engineering Support Team could send you further information. Alternatively, our Vendor Support Team also keeps a list of programmers who could implement this on your behalf.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, if you would like further information in either regard!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
      Hello Board game geek,

Thank you very much for your post.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of an existing method that would display the value on the chart, without also drawing the indicator.

While I suspect this would be relatively easy to implement, I was also not able to find an existing third-party script that enables this.

If you are interested in creating this script yourself our Engineering Support Team could send you further information. Alternatively, our Vendor Support Team also keeps a list of programmers who could implement this on your behalf.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, if you would like further information in either regard!
      Thank you for your time and suggestion, Manfred. Sadly I know nothing about programming, still I appreciate your input. Could you pass it through as a feature request?

Have a nice day!

Comment

The code is easy, it just gives me a different value, I have a question about this today.

Comment

See if this is worth it to you. ATR.zip

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the message.

If you need the indicator to be within the chart so something else could reference it, you can set the Color of the Indicator to "Transparent".
            • This would cause the indicator to be calculating and getting a value so you could have something else reference it.
            • However, this causes it to visually disappear completely from the chart.

We are submitting your suggestion as a feature request and will be following up with the tracking ID once it has been created.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
            Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Gibranes View Post
              See if this is worth it to you. [ATTACH]n1275465[/ATTACH]
              You are a hero! This is exactly what i was looking for. Do you have a patreon, so I can donate a small sum to show my gratitude? BTW, is it possible to configure the indicator to be shown on the right side of the chart instead of the left side?
              Last edited by Board game geek; 10-30-2023, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the message.

If you need the indicator to be within the chart so something else could reference it, you can set the Color of the Indicator to "Transparent".
                • This would cause the indicator to be calculating and getting a value so you could have something else reference it.
                • However, this causes it to visually disappear completely from the chart.

We are submitting your suggestion as a feature request and will be following up with the tracking ID once it has been created.

Thanks for making the feature request, Clayton.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Ready!!!!!! ATRD.zip

Comment

Ready!!!!!! [ATTACH]n1275476[/ATTACH]
                    You are way too good for this world, Gibranes. If there ever is a vote for new moderators on this forum, you'll have my support.

Comment

Comment

Look at all that saved real estate. I really hope this becomes an option in the stock NinjaTrader ATR indicator in the future.

ATR on chart before Gibranes: Click image for larger version  Name:	beforeimprovementCapture.png Views:	0 Size:	121.9 KB ID:	1275488

ATR on chart after Gibranes:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Captureimprovement.png Views:	0 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	1275489

Have a nice day everyone!
                        Last edited by Board game geek; 10-30-2023, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the updates and sharing!

After submitting to the Development team, they pointed out that you can make the plotting indicator disappear by setting its "Plot Style" to "Price Box"
                          • Click image for larger version

Name:	ATR Example.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	1275500

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                            Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the updates and sharing!

After submitting to the Development team, they pointed out that you can make the plotting indicator disappear by setting its "Plot Style" to "Price Box"
                            • Click image for larger version

Name:	ATR Example.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	1275500

Thank you, Clayton, for the follow up.

I have read the manual regarding indicators, but I would never have found this out without your explicit instruction. Maybe Its my English skill that is lacking or the manual is light on details regarding this topic. Anyhow, I'm spoiled for choice now, so I can't complain. I'll stick to the Gibranes indicator for now.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Ready!!!!!! [ATTACH]n1275476[/ATTACH]
                              Man, thank you so much for this - since the renko charts don't have the option of using ATR for the setting of the brick size - I have been having to have the whole thing displayed down the bottom of the page just to get one figure!! As I said - can't thankyou enough!! Cheers man and happy to donate a coffee or something if you have a link!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                              4 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post jgualdronc