Options on futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options on futures

I see that options on futures are back in the latest release. I can't get them to work though. Are we supposed to email brokerage support to enable this? What am I missing?

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	136
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1274974

Hello NickyD,

Thank you very much for your post.

Options data is only available when using the NinjaTrader, not the NinjaTrader Continuum connection.

If you are not using the NinjaTrader connection, please follow the steps below:

NinjaTrader Connection Guide when Multi-Provider Mode is Enabled

Please reach out to our team directly should you have any questions regarding the ability to trade Options. You can reach us at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh...ok, thanks. (I got the options chain working when using NinjaTrader only).

Am I just supposed to be using just the NinjaTrader connection now and not Continuum? My account is at NT brokerage, I'm just trading futures CME/Nymex.

Comment

Hello NickyD ,

Thank you very much for your reply.

NinjaTrader Continuum is a CQG-based connection that was first introduced with NinjaTrader 7.0 and 8.0 - This connection uses CQG-specific credentials differing from the NinjaTrader credentials.

The NinjaTrader connection implemented in NinjaTrader 8.1 uses a different connection technology that supports e.g. our new server-based Trade Performance reports as well as server-based ATM strategies. This connection uses the same credentials as the NinjaTrader Dashboard.

We generally suggest using the NinjaTrader connection if this is available (this is the case with NinjaTrader, Tradovate, and some evaluation accounts) when using NinjaTrader 8.1

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by llanqui, 04-28-2024, 03:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post llanqui
        by llanqui

Started by llanqui, 04-28-2024, 10:32 AM
        4 responses