Can you prioritize chart loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you prioritize chart loading

Just curious, would it be possible to give charts a priority for loading data? Like one or two charts will load before any others so more data intensive charts can be processed when the resources are available if there's a burst of activity.

Could I request it as a feature along with a green/orange/red dot to indicate the current status of the connection/data loadin/lagging on the chart.?

Hello Conceptzx,

Thank you for the message.

I have moved your forum post as it didn't actually have anything to do with the prior user's post.

There is already a circle in the platform that displays when you have had connection issues or connection loss:
    Unfortunately, there is no way to choose one or two charts to take priority. As well, there is no icon that signals delays. I am submitting these as feature requests to our development team for future consideration. ​

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Conceptzx View Post
      Just curious, would it be possible to give charts a priority for loading data? Like one or two charts will load before any others so more data intensive charts can be processed when the resources are available if there's a burst of activity.

Could I request it as a feature along with a green/orange/red dot to indicate the current status of the connection/data loadin/lagging on the chart.?
      You can add this free indicator to inform you if the data is loading/lagging. If the value is greater than 1 sec, then the market data is lagging behind: https://support.leelootrading.com/kb...asure-lag.aspx

Comment

Thank you Clayton.

Backtester831, I already have the lag indicator and tick refresh loaded. My computer is reasonably powerful i7 10750 with a RTX 2070 and 64Gb ram. 350+mbps internet.
        I'm unsure if it's Rithmic's feed, or what, when the market opens, or there's a lot of trades executed, my charts lag. Also when opening NinjaTrader they sometimes take a minute or two. Much worse if I'm using tick refresh on the charts.

Comment

Thank you Clayton.

Backtester831, I already have the lag indicator and tick refresh loaded. My computer is reasonably powerful i7 10750 with a RTX 2070 and 64Gb ram. 350+mbps internet.
          I'm unsure if it's Rithmic's feed, or what, when the market opens, or there's a lot of trades executed, my charts lag. Also when opening NinjaTrader they sometimes take a minute or two. Much worse if I'm using tick refresh on the charts.
          It's the other 3rd party indicators on the chart causing the lag, it's always 3rd party indicators. As a test, try to close all your charts and then open a naked chart, no 3rd party indicators.

Comment

Hello Conceptzx,

Thank you for your patience.

You may track the prioritizing of the charts loading under SFT-4118.

You may track the request to add a visual indicator of delay on the chart under 6106.

Any time there is an update to the NinjaTrader Platform, you may check under the release notes to see if these features have been implimented:
            Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

It's the other 3rd party indicators on the chart causing the lag, it's always 3rd party indicators. As a test, try to close all your charts and then open a naked chart, no 3rd party indicators.
              I've tried this with bare charts, no indicators.

Comment

Hello Conceptzx,

Thank you for the update.

Please use the following steps to open the platform in Safe Mode and create a "Test" workspace to see if the behaviors continue.
                • If the behaviors don't continue in Safe Mode, save the "Test" workspace and then reopen NinjaTrader like normal to the Test workspace and see if the behaviors continue.
                • If the behavior hasn't returned, reopen the Original workspace to see if this behavior comes back and is specific to your original workspace.
                Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
                • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
                • Loading custom assemblies (i.e. 3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
                • Getting instrument updates from the server

To enable Safe Mode, please use the following steps:
                • Shut down NinjaTrader.
                • Hold the CTRL key and double-click the NinjaTrader icon.
                • Keep holding the CTRL key until you see the Sign in Window then sign in (If the logo is Maroon, hold until you see the Control Center since this is an Older version)
                • You may then verify you are in Safe Mode by going to Help -> About.
                Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode:
                • Reconnect to your Data Provider
                • Go to the Control Center > Workspaces > Click new > Call it "Test" > Click OK
                  • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
                  • Create a small Test workspace using Default NinjaTrader Indicators only and test if the behavior continues.
                Does the behavior persist on this "Test" Workspace in Safe Mode?
                • If the behavior is no longer happening, go to the Control Center > Workspaces > Hover over "Test" > Click save
                • Restart NinjaTrader and open the platform like normal. Click "NO" if it asks to save again.
                NinjaTrader should open to the "Test" workspace in Normal mode now:
                • Connect to your Market Data and test if the behavior continues while here on the Test Workspace in Normal mode.
                • If there are no errors, try opening your original workspace
                Do the errors return when you re-open the Original Workspace?
                • If yes, this confirms that the unwanted behavior is being caused by something within the original workspace specifically.
                • You could either:
                  • Remove things from the Original Workspace 1-by-1 until the unwanted behaviors go away and you will know the last thing removed was causing it.
                  • Or, continue with the Test Workspace and build it back up 1-by-1 until the behaviors return so you know the last thing added back in is causing the unwanted behaviors
                    • Once you narrow in on what is causing the Unwanted behaviors, you could reach out to the developer for further help and information on why it is happening and what must be done to avoid it moving forward.

Please let us know if the unwanted behaviors continued while opening NinjaTrader in Safe Mode or to the "Test" workspace in Normal Mode.
                • If yes, please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
                  • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
                  • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
                  • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
                  • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
                  • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
                  • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
                    • Send the email

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​

Comment

I've tried this with bare charts, no indicators.
                  If you're having lag with bare charts, then you should get a vps. I'm on NinjaMobileTrader VPS and it fixed all the lag I was having with my Apex Rithmic feed. I tested the latency using R Trader Pro, and it was 1.5 ms round trip for market data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rene69851, Today, 03:25 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rene69851  
                  Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 05:50 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes