Machine ID Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine ID Issue

I am using NT8 to trade different futures prop firms using Rithmic. I also use Replikanto trade copier to copy trades from my desktop to the other NT8 platforms in different servers. Replikanto requires that each NT8 platform has different machine IDs. Rithmic also requires that you trade each account from a different computer. I am using my own desktop for account #1, VPS server A for account number 2. My desktop and (VPS server A) Ninja Trader 8 platforms have different machine IDs as expected. I added VPS B to trade account number 3. I am using different login details between VPS A and B since the prop firm provides a license key. For some reason, the NT8 platforms from VPS A and B both have identical machine IDs. This prevents Replikanto from performing a network copy for VPS B because of this. VPS A and B are from the same company and I checked the Windows ID of each server and they are different. They also have different IP addresses. They do have the same processor, but I do not think this matters. Do you know why 2 NT8 platforms using different login details with 2 different license keys and hosted in different servers on different windows machines would have identical machine IDs?
    Last edited by bill4mdj; 10-22-2023, 09:40 PM.

Hello bill4mdj,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

The Machine ID is automatically calculated upon each platform launch and is based on a variety of factors, including the system's hard- and software, and the current Windows version.

While it is very unlikely, it is possible that servers built on identical hardware (or virtually running on the same hardware) can report the same Machine ID.

In this case, please reach out to the vendor directly. By using the Help > 3rd Party Licensing option you should be able to set a custom ID for this PC allowing you to enable the script.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post 00nevest  
    Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
    5 responses