GPU or CPU or Ethernet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPU or CPU or Ethernet?

Hello, I am planning on getting an extension for my laptop to support multiple monitors, and with that plan on having more charts/data running than before. My laptop already has a kind of tough time running with the single monitor as is, so what would be recommended? An external GPU, external processor, ethernet, or a new computer all together? I would highly prefer to keep the laptop I have now, so I only plan on doing that if it is the only option. Keep in mind I can not get a desktop, as I am moving around constantly and a laptop is really my only option. Thank you

Hello rbeckmann05,

Thank you very much for your post.

The most improvement in performance is found by upgrading the CPU itself. As chart calculation is very CPU intensive.

My suggestion would be to take a look at the Task Manager's "Performance" tab, as this should give you a good indication of how much performance the platform currently uses.

To open this, please right-click the Windows Start button and select "Task Manager".

You can also analyze each specific script by using the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor, following these steps:
    • Click on New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click this window and select "NinjaScript Utilization Monitor"
    As long as this window is open, it will record exactly how much CPU time (in ms) each individual script or chart requires, with 1,000 ms being the available CPU time within 1 second.

This means if you leave this window open for 60 seconds, and one of the scripts shows a count of 45,000 ms, it would indicate this script used 75% (45 seconds) of your available CPU performance within this minute.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ageeholdings  
    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes