X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry Price is wrong on chart Trading View

I have NT8.1.1.7 64 Bit
    TWS 10.23.2a

When I place a trade, the entry price on the chart is incorrect. It is off by exactly the commission amount charged by IB. In the Executions tab it shows the correct entry price, but the entry price on the chart is off by exactly the cost of the commissions. Is there a way to fix this?

Hello Percipi0,

Thanks for posting.

The value displayed within the chart for the average entry price is the price provided from your brokers server as opposed to internally by NinjaTrader and unfortunately there is not a setting within NinjaTrader to exclude commissions from this value.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the response. However, this does not makes sense. In the Execution tab in NT, it shows the correct entry price. However, when I look at the entry price show on the chart when Chart Trader is activated, it shows the entry price minus the commission as the entry price. That makes me think that it is within NT. I want the chart view in NT to show the entry price. Not the cost basis of the trade.

Because the execution tab is showing the correct entry price, NT is receiving the correct price via IB. However, it is doing something different when displaying it on the char via the Chart Trader view.

If you need screen shots, happy to send some. In my opinion, this is a bug or there needs to be a user setting to opt in or out of showing the cost basis of the trade as the entry price.

Thanks

Comment

The execution price will display the specific price the order was executed at the exchange however the value provided from the Interactive Brokers servers thru their API for your position will have commissions included for the avg entry price as referenced at the link below.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes