Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rithmic Data Feed For Ninjatrader

Hello people!

I've been trading futures for about a month now with ninjatrader (micro S&P 500 for now), and I think a major hurdle I am dealing with is only being able to see 10 levels of market depth. I've read into it and it seems the only data provider available for ninjatrader which provides full access to the order book (all current limit orders) is Rithmic. I know CQG also offers full market depth, but only on a couple instruments. I want to be able to see full market depth for all instruments as I plan on migrating to others. If I am mistaken about that and there is a different data feed that allows access to the full market depth for CME, please let me know.

So I'm trying to trade through ninjatrader using the datafeed from rithmic, but the process is very confusing. I have a couple questions about how this works.

1. If I set up the connection, am I trading through rithmic as a broker, or am I still trading through my ninjatrader account?
    2. Do I need to sign up with an introducing broker in order to sign up for the rithmic data feed?
    2. Do I need to pay for the multi-provider subscription on ninjatrader in order to use the rithmic datafeed?
    3. I've read that some exchanges are offering a $0.15 per contract fee, but on the ninjatrader website, it says that the fee is $0.25 per contract. Firstly, do I even need to pay a routing fee if I am just using rithmic as a data feed to trade through ninjatrader's brokerage? Secondly, is the routing fee $0.25, or is is $0.15?
    4. If I am using the rithmic data feed, is there a way I can use that data for market replay as to have access to the full market depth (beyond 10 levels) during market replay?
    5. I've also heard that the rithmic data feed is now only available for paper trading. Will I be able to utilize rithmic's data feed for live trading through ninjatrader?

Trying to get this set up quickly so I can start practicing with a bird's eye view of the market. Wanting to stay with ninjatrader for it's customization capabilities and the complex atm strategies, but the 10 levels of market depth is just killing me. Like all of a sudden when my profit comes into view I see an order for 500 contracts in the way. Would have never placed the order in the first place if I saw that before hand.
    Last edited by psychic7trader; 10-15-2023, 07:20 PM.

Hello psychic7trader,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

The NinjaTrader brokerage does indeed offer the option to switch the account to be Rithmic-based.

As there are a few limitations and additional requirements, please reach out to our brokerage team at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com directly, as they can best assist you further.

NinjaTrader's forums are focused mostly on the NinjaTrader Desktop application and its support. As brokerage-related questions rely on factors such as your location, these questions are best answered on an individual case-by-case basis, I hope for your understanding.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions in the meantime!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by set2win, 08-04-2021, 09:23 AM
    39 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post WaleeTheRobot  
    Started by md4866, Today, 08:15 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes