Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setup email

Hello,

when I want to setup the email - following the instructions on the video, visible in screenshot - the fields are removed as soon as I select gmail. Please see screenshots mail1 and mail2.

Why and what to do please?

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files

Hello tonynt,

Thank you very much for your post.

Please switch the Preconfigured Settings to "Gmail", you would then have the option to use Google's new login, which is required to connect the email account:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Google.png
Views:	133
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1272723

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Manfred,

thank you for your reply.

I have sent a screenshot "mail2" with my question where you can see that I have selected gmail. I dont know what you mean with "Please switch the Preconfigured Settings to "Gmail", you would then have the option to use Google's new login, which is required to connect the email account:". I have selected gmail, where is then googles new login?

I add again screenshot from today when selecting gmail, and a screenshot from NT video with instructions where gmail is slected and the fields below to fill are NOT removed after gmail is selected.

Thank you!

Tony
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tonynt; 10-12-2023, 11:53 PM. Reason: add screenshots

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for the message.

Please follow along with this video I made that demonstrates how to set up an Email and Text Share Service with a Gmail Email:
        Here are the written steps to set up the connection:
        • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Categories > General > Properties > Preferences > Share Services, click the box to the right to edit the share services
        • In the 'Configured' list, Remove your prior "Gmail Email" Share Service
        • Double-click the "Email" choice within the 'Available' list > On the right, switch "Preconfigured settings" to Gmail
        • To the right of "Connect" > Click the "Sign in with Google" button (This might appear as just a horizontal line, click on the line)
        • Enter your Email > Click Next > Enter Your Password > Click Next
        • On this screen make sure and check the box next to "Send Email on your behalf" > Click Continue
        • Now, click the Test email button and test if you are able to send the Test email

If you have already done all of the steps above before, it will result in an error message talking about port:3000.
        • If this happens, remove the Gmail Share service and follow the steps above again, it may already be logged in and you just need to approve to allow it to "Send Email on your behalf"
        Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. It works on the computer where I have made the upgrade in June. But on the computer where I have not made the upgrade I receive the message in log tab
          18.10.2023 16:02:33 NinjaScript There was an error sending a mail message: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at

What do I have to make here please?

Thank you for your support!
          Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Please make sure you are using NinjaTrader 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.1.7. If the platform is not on that version, please follow the steps below to update:
            • Login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
            • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
            • Next select "Download" under the version you want
            • Once the installer has been downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader are closed before running the installation package.
              • Note: You may need to locate this in your "Downloads" folder in a Windows File Explorer
            For 8.1: After the installation package is completed you will be able to log into NinjaTrader Desktop with the connection guide linked below.
            After updating, remove your configured gmail share service, and then add it back in and select the Gmail Preconfigured option.
            • From there, click the button to sign into Google and verify the connection. Make sure to give all the permissions.
            • After finishing, click Apply and then use the "Send e-mail test" button

If you are still having trouble with the email share service after the steps above, please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
            • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
            • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
            • Enter a Subject
            • Attach any screenshots that could help demonstrate the behavior
            • Body: Include a Link to this forum thread along with any other additional information you desire.
            • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
              • Send the email

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​​

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. When doing this upggrade/update on this computer is this then the the version as from the upgrade in June where you wrote one has to do for connecting with Continuum/cgq? Or is this still a version as the last years to set the account connection inside Ninjatrader to connect? (its little confusing since this upgrade message in June this year, and I dont want to lose connection with fxcm on this computer maybe after an upgrade, so I´d like to continue with the "old" NT8 system)

Thank you!
              Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

The 8.0.28.0 platform is the one that is most similar to the one you would be used to.

The 8.1.1.7 platform uses the new connection system, but other than that, is largely the same as the 8.0.28.0 platform.
                • They both include the ability to connect to an FXCM Connection.

Either way, the purpose of this forum thread is to investigate the Email Share Services. If you have any other questions not related to this, please create a new forum thread or reach out to the Support team directly as instructed above.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses