Error 2330 cannot uninstall or re-install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 2330 cannot uninstall or re-install

Hi, Title says it all. Same issue as in this thread: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...hen-installing
    Please help

Hello smaxin,

Thank you for your post.

This error is often due to permissions issues on your PC, a problem with the Windows Installer Service, or potentially registry errors. Frequently, this can be resolved by running the Microsoft Installation Troubleshooter, which is publicly available from the link below:

Please let us know if we may assist you any further in the future.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Zachary, thank you. The app at the link was able to uninstall it but I still see the folders and when I try to re install I get the same error. Any ideas?

Comment

Hello smaxin,

Thank you for your response.

The NinjaTrader 8 folders in Documents wouldn't automatically be removed through the uninstallation, as those files contain your saved user data (such as workspaces, templates, custom indicators, etc.). If you'd like to remove those items, you'd want to either rename or delete that folder manually.

With regard to installing the program, did you specifically run the troubleshooter a second time and choose 'Installing' from the menu when you attempted to install the program again?

Additionally, you may want to run updates on your PC and restart your machine before running the installer file again.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Yes I chose installing after the uninstall, It didn't find anything. I did restart and tried installing again, no luck.
          Some background. I had initially installed NT on a different drive. This created a problem with an add on so I planned to uninstall NT and they reinstall it in the default location.
          This is where I am at now. It does not show in my list of installed applications and when I try to install it gives the same error.
          I'm stuck

Comment

I have fixed this and hopefully this will help someone else.
            My solution was to rename the NT8 folder that was left behind after the uninstall after which I was able to reinstall NT8. I had previously done a backup so I was able to restore my settings. All is well now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post carnitron  
            Started by strategist007, Today, 07:51 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post strategist007