Downloading data files --- how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading data files --- how to

I see the history link in Tools ... but when I select ES (or anything else) for download since 2010 the files process but no file is produced -- nothing. I tried Export for same symbol and timeline and I get a file -- but only for 30 days? How can I access history of the symbols I am watching for price and volume?

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.

Please navigate to Control Center>Tools>Historical data.
    Historical data can be downloaded from the data provider via the Download section.

To download historical data first make sure NinjaTrader is connected and historical data is available from your data provider.
    • Select an instrument for data to be downloaded.
    • Select the desired Start and End date range
    • Select the desired Intervals and Data Types
    • Press the "Download" button to begin the download
    ​Then you should be able to see downloaded data via the Loaded>Historical section.

Please follow this link for more details: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ta_manager.htm

Let us know if you have any further questions.
    Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried all that in loaded historical, when I clicked on download it APPEARED to work, I saw the dates being downloaded for about 30 seconds. BUT when it ended no file was available including in my download section on my computer. So my question is -- where is the downloaded file?

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for the note.

You should be able to see downloaded data within the NinjaTrader platform, in the Historical data window under the Loaded>Historical section, as shown below:​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	112
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1271779

Comment

Ok, sorry to sound dense, but it appears you have 3 functions. You have a large block called loaded where you can click on futures and data will appear for what you click on. In the case of ES --- to get years of data you would be doing alot of clicking. I guess then you could highlight all the trades and copy to txt file. That seems like alot of work.

Next you have a Download area at the bottom where you can set date range which is nice ... but in the case of ES Dec it appears to do something ... but no file is available when it is done.

Next you have Export where you can again select date range but the ES file only produces 1 month of data -- sent to download area in PC.

What I want to do is select ES and get all data for several years 1 min combined. What am I missing here?

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for the note.

You would need to start with the Download section.

Once you've downloaded it with the Download section, then you can go to the Export section and export data for a specific contract month (09-23, 06-23, 03-23, etc). The instruments you have data for will be available for selection. That is not possible to export all months at once.

Please follow this link for more details: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/historical_data_manager.htm

Let us know if you have any further questions.​

Comment

Ok - so then I assume I will then need to conbine the file ... thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Anfedport  
              Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post iceman2018