Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Glitching when scrolling and clicking on trend lines

Hi,

NT8 is constantly glitching when I scroll or click on trend lines. It moves the trend lines around without me doing anything.
    I'm running it on Windows 11 on Parallels Desktop on a Mac.

Version: 8.1.1.7 64-bit.

Is there anything I can do about this?

I've recorded it so you can see.https://wetransfer.com/downloads/95d...5122935/d0909b

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode to verify if this behavior is caused by a 3rd-party add-on or is isolated to your Workspace using the steps below. Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies (3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
    • Getting instrument updates from the server
    To open the platform in Safe Mode:
    • Go to the Windows Start Menu
    • Search for NinjaTrader > select 'NinjaTrader (Safe Mode)'
    • Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode, you may manually connect to your Data Provider from the Connections dropdown
    Once you are connected, open a new chart with no custom bar types, indicators, or templates and test for issues. Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?

If not, please try opening your previous workspace from the Control Center > Workspaces dropdown. It may already appear as open. Hit 'close' and do not save, then re-open it again for your windows to appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are available in Safe Mode. Does the behavior return to your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?

If not, restart NinjaTrader normally, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If the issue returns, we suggest rebuilding your workspace. Keep track of each add-on you implement to identify the cause of the behavior should it return. If the issue does not resurface, it confirms the error was isolated only to your other Workspace.

We also suggest backing up your workspace (Tools > Export > Backup) so you may restore a working version if the issue returns. Additional information about backups may be read here in our Help Center.

Please let us know the results of this test. We look forward to your response.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response.

The problem remains. However I've narrowed it down to the crosshair. When I use the regular mouse it works fine. As soon as I select the crosshair it starts glitching. I've also noticed that the crosshair doesn't move at the same speed as my mouse. When I use the "arrow crosshair" (first in video) it does move at the same speed.

At first the cross hair was too fast, compared to the mouse, so I've updated the "Mouse pointer speed" in Windows settings as I saw mentioned in another post. I'm not sure why the crosshair doesn't just use the same speed as the "arrow crosshair"/mouse? But I think that's where the problem is. I've uploaded another video so you can see.

Thanks!
      Last edited by lv_89_trader; 10-05-2023, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I figured it out. Under "Configure > Hardware" for Parallels there's configuration for "Mouse & Keyboard" they were both set to "Auto-detect for games". After changing this to "Don't optimize for games" it was solved. I guess the crosshair uses a library/settings that parallels detect as a game.

Thanks either way!

Comment

Hello lv_89_trader,

Thank you for your post.

I will make a note of this for our internal information about this setting.

Thank you very much for your time testing.​
          Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Balage0922  
          Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
          0 responses