Optimizer Abort Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimizer Abort Feature

Is there a way for the optimizer to save the iterations it's already done when you click abort? TradeStation optimizer gives a pop-up when you click abort asking if you want to keep the itertiations already completed before aborting. Is that option available with NT8?

Hello tjfintrade,

Thanks for your post.

No, the optimization would need to be completed before results are able to be viewed.

I have submitted this feature request to the Development team so they may take adding this feature into consideration. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-6078.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello tjfintrade,

Thanks for your post.

No, the optimization would need to be completed before results are able to be viewed.

I have submitted this feature request to the Development team so they may take adding this feature into consideration. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-6078.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Thank you. The release notes never have much information unless something is actually completed. Where do we track the feature request by number "SFT-607"?

Comment

Hello tjfintrade,

Thanks for your notes.

The SFT ID number may not necessarily be the number in the Issue column on the Release Notes help guide page for when this feature is added.

If you have questions about a feature request, you could write in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and provide the SFT ID number so a Support technician can look into the feature request.

When/if the feature is implemented you will see 'Added' in the Status column, the Category column will say 'Strategy Analyzer', and in the Comments column you will see a note saying something along the lines of 'Save completed optimization results when clicking Abort button'.

Comment

You can add my vote for this feature too.

My optimizer has been running for more than 2 days and I kind of want to stop it at this point in time.
          It's doing a genetic optimization, so it needs to store the (in my case) 10 best current results anyway.
          I don't see why you wouldn't simply show the current list by default when abort is pressed.
          You have it stored, just display it.

I know it's not the "final" best result, but at least it's a lot better than nothing.

Comment

Hello bmggchevalier,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

Comment

I would again like to focus the attention on this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	optimization_abort.png
Views:	11
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1291462

I've done another overnight optimization and notice that it's going to take a lot longer than expected.
              It has been running for more than 10 hours and if I click on abort now, I'm left with zero results, even though the best 10 results are definitely stored somewhere in memory.
              To me this is such a basic feature of the genetic optimization that I can't believe the devs didn't add this yet.
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by halgo_boulder, 04-20-2024, 08:44 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes