general chart clicking annoyances and have requested this already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

general chart clicking annoyances and have requested this already

Hello, I wanted to check to see what if any progress on this. To me one of the most annoying and flawed designs in a ninja chart is when clicking on the chart or using crosshairs or chart trader and you happen to click in zone of an indicator or drawing and it highlights with dots - then you inadvertently move it and it changes scale requiring the chart to be reloaded to fix scaling of said indicator from right to overlay or left. Is this still being tracked and looked at?

It is ridiculous if i am using chart trader, that a moving average or other indicator gets in way with dots or whatever whilst trying to trade.
    The request was to provide option to make indictors un-selectable or even a drawing .... with an option for this
    please advise and if anyone else finds this frustrating please do ADD your vote as this seems to be what matters in progressing this.
    thanks
    Last edited by soulfx; 09-21-2023, 08:32 AM.

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please provide us with the SFT ID number of the feature request so that we may look into the status of the feature request in question?

I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here it is from about 2.5 (Two and a Half) years ago - i needed to dig around to find it .....

02-18-2021, 02:41 PM
      Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your note.

You may also test by increasing the double-click speed within your Windows settings by going to the Window's Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Mouse (under Devices and Printers) > Buttons tab.

Also I was able to follow up about a a feature request and added a vote on your behalf

The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-4031. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.​

Comment

Hmm, not sure what you mean.

Do you mean when the chart contents move horizontally?

Are you talking about when you displace the entire chart
        contents to the left? When this happens, do you see a little
        left arrow in upper right of the chart? Try clicking on the
        left arrow -- it restores the original position of the entire
        chart contents, effectively undoing the displacement.

Or, do you mean vertically?

When you squish or extend the height of the chart
        contents, you see a little 'F' in the chart's upper
        right y-axis area? When this happens, click on
        the 'F' to restore the chart contents.

Perhaps, you could make a screen video to demonstrate
        what you're seeing?

Just my 2˘.

Last edited by bltdavid; 09-21-2023, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for that information.

This feature request has not been implemented into the NinjaTrader 8 platform at this time.

You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes section of the help guide when a feature is implemented.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No i am referring to clicking in the chart area and placing orders and chart trader - i use chart trader and another order entry tool requiring clicking on chart area - those above are basic operations I am very familiar with the F and the date of data.
            I cant really make video as has proprietary indicators i really dont want to show on here in a video and will confuse the issue
            thanks for help but i found the SFT on this

Comment

hopefully this gathers more votes and disappointing after 2.5 years something has not been added on this - cannot believe others do not come across this or just accept it
              A simple not selectable is all that is required - hardly rocket science to implement and given the level of typical chart interaction to my sense is critical and can cause scaling issues
              So basically it seems like 1000s of other request it is unlikely to be implemented - rather other non essential features seem to be added to Ninja by non trading development staff. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Does 'Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series' checkbox
                do what you want?

Right click inside chart > Properties > see top

When unchecked, any plot (representing a series) inside the
                chart I click on (like an EMA) no longer is 'selected' with a bunch
                of dots due to mouse click.

Is that what you mean?

Comment

Wow indeed it does - thank you david for your help on this ! Did not know that was available as an option and was not informed on this over 2.5 years ago when i asked on this and clearly ninja own staff didnt know about it then or even now.
                  I still would like this implemented as an option ie default would be unselectable and to turn it on - but this one may override it - so that probably needs to be updated for consideration in the SFT Brandon.
                  Again thanks david - if you enable it and you have various indicators you now know what i mean
                  Glad i wrote this to receive your Ninja wisdom on this and i thought i was aware of most features lol apparently not
                  thanks

Comment

Excellent news!

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
                      Does 'Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series' checkbox
                      do what you want?

Right click inside chart > Properties > see top

When unchecked, any plot (representing a series) inside the
                      chart I click on (like an EMA) no longer is 'selected' with a bunch
                      of dots due to mouse click.

Is that what you mean?
                      Very useful to know, thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post lightsun47  
                      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM