DOM Unreadable - Instrument setting tick size - Strange behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM Unreadable - Instrument setting tick size - Strange behaviour

I am trading MNQ Futures. The SuperDom is unreadable when looking at more volatile markets.

My footprint indicator and volume profile indicator allow me to group ticks per price level. As a workaorund I tried changing the Instrument setting tick size to 0.5 instead of 0.25 and I got some strange behaviour where there were literally almost no negative prints on the footprint or delta profile, why is this?

I note that you had the foresight to allow for grouping of ticks on your volametric bars, but not your DOM. Its almost like you could not say you have a Pro Trading Platform with out a DOM, so you just chucked one together and said hey we have a DOM, so there you go, we are Pro's now...
    Last edited by BigRol00; 09-15-2023, 11:18 AM.

Hello BigRol00,

Thank you for posting.

The Tick size set within the instrument settings uses the increment set by the exchange directly and should not be adjusted as this can cause unexpected behavior within the platform.

Unfortunately, there is not an option to set "Ticks per level" within the SuperDOM at this time.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This makes no sense, if changing the Tick size can not produce unstable results, why allow it? This must be a programming issue as this can be done in Sierra with no unexpected results. So many people use the DOM, when you going to make it worthy of pro traders?

Comment

This parameter is available in the instance that a tick size is changed by the exchange this can be quickly adjusted on the fly by our support team or by the end user with provided steps. Also, some users have instances where additional instruments need to be added to the database manually that are not included by default which requires input to these settings.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up once a tracking number has been assigned.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A tracking number has been assigned to this years ago, don't bother, it will never get done.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post llanqui