Custom strategies not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom strategies not showing up

I restarted NT this morning and my custom strategies do no appear when I try to select a strategy from a chart or strategy analyzer. I have cleared my caches with the toolkit and restarted my computer. I can see them in NinjaScript Editor, but they are no longer in the custom document folder, only the original 4 strategies show up. Any help on restoring them would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello zrobfrank,

Thank you for posting.

This can occur if you have NinjaScript errors. Please follow the instructions below to vreify if you have any errors after compiling the indicator.

For NinjaTrader 8:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please attach a screenshot of the error(s) you are receiving. To capture a screenshot I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    Alternatively to capture a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your reply.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 09-15-2023, 07:53 AM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,

Thank you so much. There were no errors, I apprently just needed to compile everything after a crash. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post emuns