Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a Strategy with the BltTriggerLine Indicator

Hi,

I am trying to build a Strategy using the Strategy Builder using the indicator BltTriggerLines. The Builder will not allow me to use Cross Above/Below when the Trigger Line crosses the Average Line. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Chris​

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your note.

As a heads-up, it looks like this thread was created twice with the second thread opening a few minutes after this one. I have deleted that thread as a duplicate and we will continue to work with you via this thread. If the Trigger line and Average line are each their own plot, you should be able to select the desired plot in the "Value plot" dropdown menu when setting up your Strategy Builder conditions. There is a page in the help guide with examples of common conditions, including "How to compare plot values of multi-plot indicators" here:You should be able to choose Value plot > Trigger on the left-hand side of the condition, Cross Above/Cross Below in the middle dropdown menu, then Value plot > Average on the right-hand side to set up your condition as desired.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Emily,

I have tried this with this particular indicator and it will not let me compile. I am not sure if it is this type of indicator. I have never had this issue with other indicators.

Thanks
      Chris

Comment

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

In that case, since this indicator is from a third party, you will need to reach out to the original author of the indicator for assistance. Per the download page on the User App Share for this indicator, the indicator was created by bltdavid. You may click the link from that download page to reach the creator's forum profile page and reach out for assistance. Here is the download page I am referring to:
        Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post JoMoon2024  
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes