Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay

Hi!

I have the CME signal, purchased from my account.

But my question is, if I disconnect from the live account which has the CME signal, how the Playback works? I mean, from where the data comes?

Hello eduardopoletto,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to download Market Replay data or Historical Tick Data to use with the Playback connection.

Typically, Market Replay data is used with Playback since it is the most accurate.

To download Market Replay data, you could go to the Tools > Historical Data window and expand the 'Download Market Replay' section. Note that you will need to be connected to your live data feed connection to download Market Replay data.

Please see the help guide documentation below detailing how to set up and use the Playback connection.

How to download playback data from the NinjaTrader server: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/set_up12.htm
    Working with Playback: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/playback.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello eduardopoletto,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to download Market Replay data or Historical Tick Data to use with the Playback connection.

Typically, Market Replay data is used with Playback since it is the most accurate.

To download Market Replay data, you could go to the Tools > Historical Data window and expand the 'Download Market Replay' section. Note that you will need to be connected to your live data feed connection to download Market Replay data.

Please see the help guide documentation below detailing how to set up and use the Playback connection.

How to download playback data from the NinjaTrader server: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/set_up12.htm
      Working with Playback: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/playback.htm
      Yea.

So actually NT8 is the provider of the market replay data we have...
      And if I want more than 90d, is there a way I can buy it?

Comment

Hello eduardopoletto,

Thanks for your notes.

You could consider investigating unaffiliated resources of Market Replay to download more Market Replay data than we have available. Market Replay is a complete recording of Level 1 and Level 2 data as it is seen. We cannot comment on the data provider 3rd party sources use to record their Market Replay data, but the recording would be as accurate as the data was received from the person who recorded it.

Otherwise, you could consider using Historical Tick Data with the Playback connection. The NinjaTrader servers provide up to 1 year of Historical Tick data. However, some instruments may go back further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
          Hello eduardopoletto,

Thanks for your notes.

You could consider investigating unaffiliated resources of Market Replay to download more Market Replay data than we have available. Market Replay is a complete recording of Level 1 and Level 2 data as it is seen. We cannot comment on the data provider 3rd party sources use to record their Market Replay data, but the recording would be as accurate as the data was received from the person who recorded it.

Otherwise, you could consider using Historical Tick Data with the Playback connection. The NinjaTrader servers provide up to 1 year of Historical Tick data. However, some instruments may go back further.
          About the Tick Data, I can show it in minutes when viewing in chart?
          In order to download it, I should connect to what?

Comment

Hello eduardopoletto,

Thanks for your notes.

You could connect to your live data feed connection and download Historical Tick data using the Tools > Historical Data window. Then, you would disconnect from your live data feed connection and connect to the Playback connection.

Yes, you could test a 1-Minute chart using downloaded Historical Tick Data when connected to the Playback connection.

See this help guide page for information about what data is supported per provider: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Comment

i give up.

this thing doesn't work.

thanks for help me.

Comment

Hello eduardopoletto,

Thanks for your notes.

To use Historical Data with Playback you should download historical tick and minute data for the instrument that you are wanting to use in Playback.

See the following from the Historical Data section of the Playback help guide page: When using Historical data for playback NinjaTrader will use historical tick data for playback. If the tick data from your provider is stamped with ask and bid data then NinjaTrader will use that to simulate the ask and bid price during playback.

Playback: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ePlaybackWorks

Before downloading Market Replay data please note:
                • Enable market recording for playback must be disabled from the Market Data category of the Options menu before downloading replay data.
                • Downloading Market Replay data is NOT available when connected to the Playback connection. You must disconnect from the Playback connection prior to downloading.
                To download playback data:
                1. Select the Tools menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Historical Data and select "Load" tab. Here the section "Get Market Replay data" can be expanded.
                2. Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.
                The status of the download will appear in the lower right-hand corner of the Historical Data Window.

More information about downloading Market Replay data to use with Playback may be found in the NinjaTrader Help Guide link below.
                https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...jaTraderServer

To connect to Market Replay data:
                1. Left mouse click on the Connections menu in the Control Center
                2. Select the menu item Playback Connection menu item
                The Playback connection should now be connected and the Playback control window will appear.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...3NjY1NQ​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes