Error for importing indicator failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error for importing indicator failed

This does not happen all the time but for some indicators that I have been trying to input I get an Error message that reads. Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. I am running NT8 on Parallels
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 2.05.06 AM.png
Views:	129
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1268570
    Attached Files

Hello jaykay567,

Thanks for your post.

This message generally means there would be a conflict between something you have installed currently and what you are importing.

You could manually install the item to test what the error is, if you are able to open the import screen and try to import the file, likely you don't have any compile errors so this would likely be a conflict.

Could you tell me, if you either double click on the .zip file to open it and see its contents or extract the .zip, what files are listed? Are they .dll files or .cs files?

Did the script come from a third-party developer or from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share?

If it came from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share, could your please provide a link to the User App Share page where you got the indicator?

With more information on the files in the zip I can provide specific instructions on how to test the file.​​

If possible, please share a copy of the indicator you are trying to import so we may look into this further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jaykay567 View Post
      This does not happen all the time but for some indicators that I have been trying to input I get an Error message that reads. Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. I am running NT8 on Parallels
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 2.05.06 AM.png
Views:	129
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1268570
      Parallels is no good, try the ninjamobiletrader vps because they also help with fixing these error messages

Comment

Brandon,

I get this same error trying to install this indicator:

Comment

Hello mrlucky1x,

Thanks for your notes.

This typically means there would be a conflict between something you have installed currently and what you are importing.

When testing importing the indicator you linked to, I was able to successfully import the indicator.

You could manually install the item to test what the error is, if you are able to open the import screen and try to import the file, likely you don't have any compile errors so this would likely be a conflict.

Since the file for this indicator is a .cs file, you could copy the FairValueGapICT.cs file to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicator file. Then, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window in NinjaTrader, right-click in the NinjaScript Editor window, and select 'Compile' to check for errors.

If there are no errors after compiling, the script would be successfully manually imported on your platform.

Please reach out to the developer of the indicator (listed in the Ecosystem User App Share page) directly to inform them of the error message that occurs when importing their script.

Comment

Hi Brandon,

I found the error. I had a previous version of this indicator installed and after I deleted it the newer version installed. However the problem was that I could not delete the first version of it through the Ninja tools "remove NJ script assembly" because it simply did not show up there. Do you know why that could happen? When I deleted it from the bin/custom/indicator directory it did work.

Comment

Hello mrlucky1x,

Thanks for your notes.

Without testing the third-party indicator on my end I cannot say for certain why it was not appearing in the 'Remove NinjaScript Assembly' window.

If the indicator came as an assembly (.dll) then I would expect it to appear in the 'Remove NinjaScript Assembly' window. If the indicator came as an open source .cs file then it would not appear in the 'Remove NinjaScript Assembly' window. The indicator would instead appear in the NinjaScript Editor window and would need to be removed using the NinjaScript Editor window by right-clicking on the script and selecting 'Remove'.

You could reach out to the developer of the third-party indicator directly if this indicator came as an assembly (.dll) to inform them of the behavior so they may look into it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Massinisa  
              Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes