Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting 2 Brokers Simultaneously

Good evening,

I have two separate IB accounts and would like to know if I can open them at the same time in Ninjatrader so that I can run automated strategies in both simultaneously. How would I accomplish this (if feasible)? Most appreciated.

I have the multi-broker add-on.

Thanks.
    Dave

Hello Dave,

Thank you very much for your post.

It would indeed be possible to connect to two individual Interactive Brokers' accounts. To do this, please install the currently supported version of TWS and Interactive Broker's Gateway. You may find downloads for both versions below:

Once installed, please use TWS to connect to one, and Gateway to connect to the other account. NinjaTrader Desktop can then have two individual connections that both connect at the same time, enabling both accounts. To do this, please follow the guide linked above.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions or if you experience any issues!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Manfred,

As always, I appreciate the help and quick response!

Got it! I will follow your instructions and get that setup. Great!

Have a great day.
      Dave

Comment

Hi Manfred,

I have successfully connected the two different IB accounts by following your instructions, however I note that Ninjatrader is not displaying the "buying power", "cash value" or "net liquidation" data for the accounted connected via IB Gateway, but my IB account connected via TWS (as well as my TDA account) are showing this data no problem.

Perhaps I have setting incorrect, but I have reviewed the instructions several times and everything seems to be done properly. Any thoughts?

Thanks as always.
        Dave

Comment

Hello Dave,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Is it possible the IB Gateway is of a different version than the TWS? If this also occurs with the supported version from our Connection Guide, could you send me your log & trace files? I would like to take a closer look at what might be causing this.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!​
          Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Manfred. I can see that the installed version of TWS differs from that of the installed version of IB Gateway (TWS auto-updates every morning). I will install the version of TWS from your download link first and see if that fixes the issue. Back to you soon.

Comment

Hi Manfred. I have tried using the same versions of TWS and Gateway, but the issue persists. I have sent you the log and trace files. Most appreciated.

Dave

Comment

Hi Manfred. I have tried switching the accounts around and it appears to be the specific account that is having the issue with showing the account balance. I will do another review of the settings tomorrow to make sure I haven't missed anything and then update you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by strategist007, Today, 07:51 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post strategist007  
                Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
                44 responses
                3 likes
                Last Post jhudas88