Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Subscribing To Live Market Data With A Free Ninja Trader Account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribing To Live Market Data With A Free Ninja Trader Account.

Hi there,

I didn't know which section within the forum I could post a question like this, if anyone could recommend a better place to post this question, please let me know.

I was hoping I could find out if it's possible to subscribe to live market data (ES / NQ Futures) with a free Ninja Trader account.

When I created my free Ninja Trader account I received an email saying I had a "14-day trial of live futures data" but was never able to use it.

In my free account, I would try to connect to market data using the "My Ninja Trader Continuum" option under connections. And it would say invalid Username/Password even though I entered the details correctly. So I'm not sure if it's possible to use real-time market data with a free account or not.

I was hoping I could practice my trading strategies on a free account with real-time live data first before eventually purchasing a lifetime plan when I'm ready.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also if you can't help, could you please refer me to anyone that could possibly help me?​

Hello RoswellTrader,

Thank you very much for your post.

The "NinjaTrader Continuum" connection requires CQG-specific credentials. These are no longer provided automatically.

For any new NinjaTrader accounts, please use the "NinjaTrader" connection in combination with the same credentials that were created for the Dashboard. If you don't yet have this connection, please update NinjaTrader to 8.1.1.7. I've included HelpGuides for both subjects below:

How Can I Reset My Live Trading Password? (to create CQG-based credentials for the NinjaTrader Continuum connection)​

How Do I Update to the Latest Version of NinjaTrader Desktop?

Regarding the subscription-related question, please contact our brokerage team directly in this regard. As this forum is focused on the NinjaTrader Desktop application, we would not be able to answer brokerage-related questions here. You may reach them at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.

I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
      Hello RoswellTrader,

Thank you very much for your post.

The "NinjaTrader Continuum" connection requires CQG-specific credentials. These are no longer provided automatically.

For any new NinjaTrader accounts, please use the "NinjaTrader" connection in combination with the same credentials that were created for the Dashboard. If you don't yet have this connection, please update NinjaTrader to 8.1.1.7. I've included HelpGuides for both subjects below:

How Can I Reset My Live Trading Password? (to create CQG-based credentials for the NinjaTrader Continuum connection)​

How Do I Update to the Latest Version of NinjaTrader Desktop?

Regarding the subscription-related question, please contact our brokerage team directly in this regard. As this forum is focused on the NinjaTrader Desktop application, we would not be able to answer brokerage-related questions here. You may reach them at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.

I look forward to your email!
      Is it possible to purchase live market data on a demo only account? For me it is showing the Subscribe button grayed out and unclickable

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	927
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1268047

Comment

Hello backtester831,

Thank you for your response.

A live account would be required in order to subscribe to real-time market data with NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
          Hello backtester831,

A live account would be required in order to subscribe to real-time market data with NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
          How much do I need to fund my account to access live data

Comment

Hello vaxtro1,

Thank you for your post.

While there are technically no minimum funding requirements, you'd probably want to have enough in the account to cover the costs of any data subscriptions. I'd advise that you contact our Client Services team with any questions about opening or funding accounts. They can be contacted at support(at)ninjatrader(dot)com.

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
              Hello vaxtro1,

Thank you for your post.

While there are technically no minimum funding requirements, you'd probably want to have enough in the account to cover the costs of any data subscriptions. I'd advise that you contact our Client Services team with any questions about opening or funding accounts. They can be contacted at support(at)ninjatrader(dot)com.

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.
              I think that there is a minimal balance of 400$ (trading futures) . If you go under that level your trading ability will be blocked. If you stay above 400$ and don't make real trades you will be charged 25$ per month.
              So you need 400$ in your account and pay monthly 25$ plus fees (CME futures 12$ per month) to trade.
              If you don't trade at all the 400$ balance might not be needed.
              Last edited by marcus2300; 03-19-2024, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

That is not the case. In the past, there used to be a 400 dollar funding requirement but that is no longer case. There is no minimum funding requirement, but you will want enough in your account to cover your live data subscription or (if you do not plan on trading at least 1 live round-turn) the $25 inactivity fee that would be incurred.

We do strongly recommend that people contact us by phone or email for any questions about the account opening process or requirements of a live account, as this is a technical support forum. Please direct any further questions to support(at)ninjatrader(dot)com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes