ATM Limit Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Limit Orders

Hi there. So my question is regarding Limit Orders with ATM strategies. To be more specific, Take Profit Targets. I see the option to use Limit Orders for Stop Loss. But for Take Profit I only see MIT. How can I go about using Limit Orders for Take Profit? I assume it is automatically a Market Order. I'm attaching a photo of the settings.

Thanks!!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

By default, a Profit Target order would be a Limit Order. A market order would fill right away at the best possible price and would not function like a profit target order.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I gotcha. Now how do I go about using an ATM strategy using a Limit order for entry. I know if I click the Buy Market button my ATM will populate. But what about a limit order? right clicked on the chart and selected But Stop Limit but the ATM didn't populate

Comment

Adamcoin33 If by "populate" you mean you didn't see the bracket orders appear on your chart, those orders only get submitted and appear on the chart after your entry is filled.

You can find info about ATMs at these links:

Get started with NinjaTrader software & Advanced Trade Management for FREE: http://ninjatrader.com/GetStartedSee some examples of the Advanced Trade Manageme...

Reference quick tip videos designed to help you get up and running with NinjaTrader Advanced Trade Management.

Last edited by tradgrad; 09-05-2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Hey thank you. What I meant by populate was that when I submitted my limit order, the stop loss and take profit for the ATM didn't populate. But I quickly learned that once I get my entry, they both show up. So that's not really an issue anymore.

But I do have another question.

On each chart, I added an instrument. Each one being the mini contract. For example.... On my ZC chart I added XC. I turned the candles transparent and used 1 panel. That way I can trade minis while looking at the regular contract. Get what I'm saying?

But when I measure a move with the measuring tool, it's showing the dollar value of the move on the regular contract and NOT the mini. Even though I have the mine version of instrument selected on the right side of the chart. Is this normal behavior? If screenshots would help just let me know and I can show those to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamcoin33 View Post
            Hey thank you. What I meant by populate was that when I submitted my limit order, the stop loss and take profit for the ATM didn't populate. But I quickly learned that once I get my entry, they both show up. So that's not really an issue anymore.

But I do have another question.

On each chart, I added an instrument. Each one being the mini contract. For example.... On my ZC chart I added XC. I turned the candles transparent and used 1 panel. That way I can trade minis while looking at the regular contract. Get what I'm saying?

But when I measure a move with the measuring tool, it's showing the dollar value of the move on the regular contract and NOT the mini. Even though I have the mine version of instrument selected on the right side of the chart. Is this normal behavior? If screenshots would help just let me know and I can show those to you.
            Try switching the order of the data series in the data series window

Comment

Ok I'll give that a shot. Let you know what happens. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Ashkam, 04-29-2024, 09:28 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Ashkam
              by Ashkam

Started by nightstalker, Yesterday, 02:05 PM
              1 response
              0 likes