Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Domain profile / SQLite Issue: Unable to connect to DB: unable to open database file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domain profile / SQLite Issue: Unable to connect to DB: unable to open database file

Hello,

i got the error "Unable to connect to DB: unable to open database file" on startup.

I using Windows 10 with an domain profile (\\profile-server\users\USERNAME\Documents\...). I know SQLite does not support/have problems with such environment.

On other programs, the solution is to change the connectionString to something like: Data Source=C:\Temp\NinjaTrader.db.

I found something like that in the Config.xml and configurated it to "<DbConnectionString>Data Source=C:\Temp\NinjaTrader.db</DbConnectionString>" but without success or effect at all.

Could you give a hint how I can handle it?

regards,
    marco

Hello marcogruhl,

Thank you for the message.

The NinjaTrader Platform is NOT supported for use on Networked drives. Seeing the \\ lets us know this is a networked drive.

Since it is known for NinjaTrader to run into unexpected errors on a Networked Drive, we will not be able to provide any further suggestions or information as this is a custom installation outside of the default locations.
    • If you want to install NinjaTrader using a Networked drive as suggested, you will have to do some research and testing on your own to figure out if you can get the custom setup to work as expected.

The default path should go to your local Documents folder that is being held within the C: drive like the following example:
    • UserDataDir='C:\Users\CGibson\Documents\NinjaTrade r 8\'

If you are successful at installing NinjaTrader to that networked location, we would be very limited in our support as this would be a custom installation and if there were any unexpected behaviors, our first suggestion would most likely be to move the installation to a non-networked drive located within the Documents folder of your C: drive.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your fast Answer.
      I would like to change the installation/profile path, but how?
      Where can i set UserDataDir?
      I remember at some point (NT6/7) there was a start paramater where you can force NT to use the Install path (c:\program files\) ... this workaround at least works.

Comment

try using a batch file to launch it, changing the USERPROFILE path before the launch.
        Well my question is just what is says in the title: I have a application that seems to have charset conversion issues with my %USERPROFILE% directory. Is there any way to change the location of %

however, you may also need to change the USERPROFILE path again after launch, to have it remain on the domain share for other programs on the pc to work.

Comment

Hello Marcogruhl,

Thank you for the message.

Here are the default steps to install NinjaTrader 8 that would be used to install the platform on a normal Windows PC.
          • Login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
          • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
          • Next select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" Window in the main screen
          • Once the installer has been downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader are closed before running the installation package.
            • Note: You may need to locate this in your "Downloads" folder in a Windows File Explorer
          • After the installation package is completed you will be able to log into NinjaTrader Desktop with the connection guide linked below.
          If you leave everything as is when installing, it should go to the default location. If it doesn't this would mean there are some Windows/PC settings causing new programs to be routed to a different location and you would need to reach out to a Windows/PC technician for further help adjusting the settings so NinjaTrader is installed in its default location.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, balltrader!
            Thats an interesting workaround. But i dont want to mess around with such critical path. At least with NT 8.1 i am not even able to install NT (NT 8.0 installed but db error).
            I found an old thread https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...nd-line-switch which points to an parameter /d which not exists anymore ...
            It also mentioned an internal tracking number SFT-SFT-5601 for a feature to change the documents path which seams not implemented yet.

So far, i had to use a virtual machine (Hyper-V) ...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post lightsun47  
            Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post 00nevest