Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to NT8

Hello,

For whatever reason I can't connect to NT8 this morning. I can connect to R trader but NT8 is giving me the error codes I've attached below. I was able to connect to NT8 the previous trading session, I haven't changed or updated anything on my computer since (at least manually), and my internet connection is fine. Does anyone have an idea as to what the issue could be? It's frustrating to prepare for a session just to get in front of the screen and realize you can't connect.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello,

This indicates there is no username and password inserted in the connection setup. To resolve, go to Connections>Configure and select your configured connection and ensure the username and password are inserted correctly. Also be sure the 'system' option is set to the correct option for your account.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, my username and password were inserted in the connection setup and the system option was also correct, I still can't connect. I've also tried restarted my laptop, uninstalled and reinstalled NT8, still nothing has changed. Again, my internet is fine, I can connect to R trader pro with no issue, yet NT8 still gives me a connection error. Very confusing. Is it possible that my laptop's machine ID changed without me knowing (maybe a Microsoft update) and that's causing the issue? It's odd that the only thing I can't connect to on my computer is Nt8.

Comment

Hello,

The symptoms indicate your machine ID did change, but you should be able to connect after re-inserting your credentials. I'd recommend writing into our support team so they may take a look at your files/setup to see what may be going on.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

The issue has been resolved. It turns out that I was entering the wrong credentials. Once I put in the correct credentials, I got connected. I tried to log out and back in a few times just to be sure, oddly enough it didn't reconnect me on the first attempt, but it did on the second and third attempts. A windows update must've occurred overnight and caused the username and password in my NT8 connections tab to reset, it had the username and password I use to login to NT8 and NOT the username and password assigned to me by my broker, once I switched it to the credentials assigned to me by my broker I got connected. Hope this helps anyone that has a similar issue in the future. Thanks for your help NT8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sgordet, Today, 11:48 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post sgordet
          by sgordet

Started by Trader146, Today, 11:41 AM
          0 responses