Custom sound files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom sound files

In the last year I've had several occasions where I've created my own alert sound files with some websites that do text to .WAV file generation. Some files work fine and others won't play in NT despite playing fine with Windows media player. Unfortunately, I've not taken note of which of the sites generated files that work and which don't. There is some aspect of .WAV file encoding that is required for NT to play the sounds that not all converters use. All .WAV files are not created equal it would seem.

So, can someone point me to a website or tool that will do text to .WAV file conversion that generates files that work in NT?

Thanks!

Originally posted by rondawes View Post
    In the last year I've had several occasions where I've created my own alert sound files with some websites that do text to .WAV file generation. Some files work fine and others won't play in NT despite playing fine with Windows media player. Unfortunately, I've not taken note of which of the sites generated files that work and which don't. There is some aspect of .WAV file encoding that is required for NT to play the sounds that not all converters use. All .WAV files are not created equal it would seem.

So, can someone point me to a website or tool that will do text to .WAV file conversion that generates files that work in NT?

Thanks!
    Since nobody has replied yet to you, i'll let you know what works for us and our XABCD Pattern Suite with the custom alerts we do...

Encoding: Microsoft PCM
    Channels: 2
    Sample rate 48000
    16 bits / sample

Never had an issue...
    xabcdtrading
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

I use speechgen.io for voice wav files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse