Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Replay

Hello guys!

What's "Tick Replay" and how to know if "Tick Replay" is enable? I think this is the reason my charts are taking so long to be loaded!

Regards!
    Attached Files

Hello TRADER_F

Thank you for writing in.

Tick replay is a property that can be optionally enabled on NinjaScript indicators and strategies which will ensure that the market data (bid/ask/last) that went into building a bar is loaded in the exact sequence of market data events.

Yes this does use a lot more PC resources and may affect the loading times of your charts. As the message indicates, only use Tick Replay if you have specific indicators or strategies that use it/require it.

For more information on Tick Replay, please see the link below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ick_replay.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Erick!

The link you sent me is no correct. Please see attached file!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello TRADER_F ,

My apologies!

Thank you very much for letting me know, the updated link is below:

For more information on Tick Replay, please see the link below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ick_replay.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​​

Comment

Hello Erick, how are you?

I've checked your instructions. and "Tick Replay" is disabled (please, see attached file).

Still taking too much time to load a chart (5 days to load). Is there any other place on Ninja where "Tick Replay" could be enabled?

If not, do you have any other suggestion?

Regards!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello TRADER_F ​,

Thank you for reaching out, I am well and hope you are too.

If tick replay is already disabled in your Tools menu and no longer in your Chart Data Series /Indicator/Strategy properties as well, please note there can be may other factors contributing to your loading times.

If you wouldlease send in your log and trace files so that we may look into what may be occurring.

First, I highly recommend going through our Performance Tips, which outline all the best methods for reliable performance from NinjaTrader on any computer.

Be sure to install all available updates for your PC from the Windows Settings > Update and Security page as well. Manually check for updates here, and reboot your PC after any are installed.

If you are using 3rd party add-ons, please keep in mind that we do not control how well they will perform and that the more you ask of NinjaTrader to load on your charts, the more it pushes your PC which may result in freezing or lagging behavior. We are not able to troubleshoot scripts imported from 3rd parties.

Some of the most common items with performance/loading I have seen, are related to having too many days loading on your charts; you may review the number of days to load with these steps:
            • Right-click a chart and select Data Series
            • In the "Time Frame" section reduce the number of days to load
            • Click OK to save your changes and test

Another item that can place a heavier load on your system is the method of calculation for indicators on your charts. Use these steps to review/adjust the configuration:
            • Right-click a chart and select Indicators
            • For each "configured" indicator on the bottom left-hand list, double-check the "Calculation" property to the right. Unless an indicator requires On Each Tick, please try changing to On Price Change or On Bar Close as these calculations are less resource-intensive than On Each Tick
            • Click OK to save any changes

One test that may be used to check for rendering delay is to open a SuperDOM window and compare that price to the prices on your charts. If the chart prices are updating with a delay in comparison the the SuperDOM price, this is a tell-tale sign of rendering delay and indicates that you may need to lighten up your workspace in order to accommodate. We understand that this behavior can be frustrating, and it is typically related to the movement of the market and presents itself in moments of high volatility.

( You can also check which scripts are using the most resources by using the "NinjaScript Utilization Monitor".

Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output

Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...

This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing

Let this window populate for at least a few minutes. Then you can see which NinjaScript, if any, is running at the top of the list and decide whether you want to try removing it)

You may also clear old historical and cache data by doing the following:
            • Shut down NinjaTrader 8
            • Go to the 'Documents/NinjaTrader 8/db' folder on your computer
            • Remove the files within the 'cache', 'day', 'minute', and 'tick' folders
            • Important: Do not remove any other files within the NinjaTrader 8 Documents folder
            When you restart NinjaTrader 8, you may notice a slightly longer initial load time as all historical data on your charts is re-downloaded, but your overall performance should be better.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance or if you continue to experience this behavior.​​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ageeholdings  
            Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes