Broken Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Installation

Running NT 8.1.1.7 on Win 10 Pro successfully.

Installed Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition to try out debug functionality.

Successfully launched VS Code from NT NInjaScript Editor but could not get a breakpoint to halt anything.

Went back to Ninja Editor and tried to compile and got these errors:

I uninstalled the VSCode. The above error persisted.

I downloaded the NT installer and did a repair. After upon entering credentials I got this message:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.png Views:	0 Size:	6.0 KB ID:	1265745

Which is odd because NT is installed on my N: drive (a local NVME drive).

I then uninstalled NT and reinstalled.

I received the following error upon entering credentials.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture3.png Views:	0 Size:	4.9 KB ID:	1265746

I attempted to recompile and received the following error. All the files exist.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture4.png Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	1265747

Please advise what to do to fix. Custom code can be seen in the NT editor, but does not show in chart when adding.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by volIQ; 08-22-2023, 05:50 PM.

Somehow a bunch of references to files located in "N\NinjaTrader8" not "N\NinjaTrader 8" (note the space) had been added. I removed these references and then the following errors appeared:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5.png
Views:	53
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	1265900

I removed the NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs file and all errors disappeared. Obviously, something is rather messed up in my installation but at this moment its working correctly.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello volIQ,

Thank you for posting.

If you are using a backup file from a previous installation of NinjaTrader that was installed on the C: Drive, it is possible that old references with file paths from your previous drive remain.
      By default, NinjaTrader would be installed on the C: Drive, so this may cause errors since you have a custom installation on the N: drive.
      If everything is now working as expected, we would suggest that you export a backup file.

Please email NinjaTrader Platform support (Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com) with your log and trace files if the behavior returns, for further troubleshooting.

>>To manually attach your log and trace files to your email:
      • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
      • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader. ​
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Eduardo; 08-29-2023, 03:00 PM.
      Eduardo R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post pibrew
      by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
      1 response