Drawings move when changing timeframes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawings move when changing timeframes.

This may be an issue I'm having with the newest version of NinjaTrader (8.1.1.7 64-bit) because I don't remember having this problem with version 7.

So what's happening is when I create let's say a rectangular drawing at a level on a 15 minute chart, it moves very far to the left when I switch the same chart to a 5 minute timeframe. When I go back to the 15 minute timeframe on that same chart, the drawing doesn't come back...it stays far to the left. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software but the problem seems to happen every time.

Take a look at the images attached. On the 15 minute chart, I drew that dark red rectangle. Then look at the 5 minute chart and see where that rectangle went.Click image for larger version

Name:	5minute.png
Views:	143
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1265489
    Attached Files

Hello Moraha,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate this behavior.

To clarify does this occur only on the MNQ or does this also happen on other Instruments?

Also is this rectangle a local drawing tool or global? If global are there also MNQ charts that are using non-time based intervals?
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Spencer. This happens to all instruments and I make sure each drawing is set to “All Charts” when I go into their properties. I want to clarify, if I have 2 separate charts already opened, let’s say 5 min and 15 min, the drawing shows on both just fine when I create it in the 15 min for example. The problem happens when I change the CURRENT chart to a new timeframe. So if I create it in a 15 minute chart, then change that same chart to a 5 minute, it ruins the drawing.

Comment

Hello Moraha,

Thank you for your post.

I am still unable to replicate when using two charts and a global rectangle.

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode and attempt to replicate the same behavior.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
        • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
        • Loading custom assemblies (i.e. 3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
        • Getting instrument updates from the server
        To enable Safe Mode, please use the following steps:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
        • Go to the Windows Start Button
        • Search for NinjaTrader (Safe Mode)
        • Launch NinjaTrader (Safe Mode)
        Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode:
        • Reconnect to your Data Provider
        • Please open new charts with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
        Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?
        • If not, please try opening your previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down. It may already show as being open. Hit 'close' and do not save and then re-open it again for your windows to re-appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are running in Safe Mode.
        Does the behavior return on your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?
        • If not, restart NinjaTrader, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If this reintroduces issues, I suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 add-on at a time.
        • Please keep track of what add-ons you add back in to identify the cause of the behavior if it returns.

If it does not return, it indicates the error was isolated only to your other Workspace. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a working version of it if the issue returns.
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Spencer View Post
          Hello Moraha,

Thank you for your post.

I am still unable to replicate when using two charts and a global rectangle.

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode and attempt to replicate the same behavior.
          Hi Spencer. It looks like this is happening only on the charts with my workspace in Safe Mode. I will try to create a new workspace and see what happens from there and report back. I'm hoping it's not any of the add ons causing this because I really depend on these.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by aligator, 01-06-2022, 12:14 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post john_44573  
          Started by dmking, 11-12-2019, 12:31 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes