Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer not populating data (8.1.1.7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer not populating data (8.1.1.7)

I recently upgraded to 8.1.1.7 and in my client portal I designated futures symbols to use the CME Globex symbols (ESH3, YMU23, NQU3, etc).
    Now my Market Analyzer is not populating data in the rows.
    I tried executing a "Reload NinjaScript" and "Reload All Historical Data"... multiple times.... no change.
    I tried reloading the template - no change.
    I found that if I remove a row and then replace the same symbol that it begins to work properly. However, when I save the workspace, close NT8 and then reopen and connect to data then I'm right back to no data in the Market Analyzer.

Any advice for what I can do to fix it?
    Last edited by xiinteractive; 08-14-2023, 04:24 AM. Reason: added tags

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.

Please email us your log and trace files right from the NinjaTrader platform (by going to Help-> Email Support), so we may investigate this matter further. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Thank you!​
    Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I emailed these to NT Support yesterday as you requested. I included a hyperlink to this thread.
      Waiting on your reply.

Comment

The fix you sent via email did not work. I followed the directions exactly.
        I did get the Market Analyzer data working but to do so I had to delete instruments and then add them back in. However, once I closed NT8 and reopened it I had the same problem and the only fix so far is to remove and re-add them each day.

Comment

8 days and no fix yet.
          please help.

Comment

Hello xiinteractive​,
            Thank you for your post.​

Please reply to the email we've sent you with troubleshooting steps, so we can continue assisting you on that.

Comment

I was hoping to handle it in this ticket. I get way to many emails

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you for the note.

We can continue assisting you via email to figure out why your NinjaTrader platform is not working as expected.

Or you can follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
                • Close all running applications.
                • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
                • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
                • Reboot your PC.

Once these steps are completed, login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard and click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar to download "Most Recent Release".

Then get connected, following a connection guide: https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US

After that, please import your 3rd party add-ons one at a time, using the original zip files and follow instructions in this video:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4nt...ature=youtu.be

If the platform is still working well after importing 3rd party add-ons, you can move back your workspaces and templates from the old installation Documents > NinjaTrader 8 OLD', to Documents > NinjaTrader 8'.

There are specific folders under Documents folder > NinjaTrader 8 for workspaces and templates.

Let us know if you have any further questions.​

Comment

I am not inclined to follow that advice. Every time I have had to do that in the past, it wipes out all my trade history data and I have to rebuild charts and such.
                  There must be a better way ... its just not a good option to blow everything away like that.
                  I sent you the log and trace files. Are you able to tell me what the actual problem is? It just seems like there should be a more surgical fix to only impact the templates or such that are causing the problem... rather than a lazy fix that makes me lose my data and have to rebuild things that I haver spent much time and effort get them the way that I want them.
                  I realize you are trying to help, but I am not a fan of the blow-it-all-away-and-start-fresh idea.
                  Easy for you... but I am not a fan. The NT8 platform should be more stable than that because it has been around for so many years. All my data and templates should not be so fragile.

Comment

Hello xiinteractive​,
                    Thank you for your post.​​

I've just sent you an email with additional troubleshooting steps for your current installation of the NinjaTrader platform.
                    Please reply me back to the email if you have any further questions on that.

Comment

I'm having the same issue and I tried installing the latest version 8.1.2.1 as well but still not working. Did we find a solution to this issue?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Bidder
                      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes