Cannot enter text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot enter text

the f12 or drawing text will not work on my laptop. F12 is same button as airplane more. if i repeat press it. connection will be lost. is this for REAL?

Hello hdge4u,

Thank you for your post.

This inquiry does not seem to be related to NinjaTrader specifically and you may need to do some research outside of NinjaTrader support. Most laptop keyboards have a function added to the F1-F12 buttons. Typically, there will be a button on the keyboard labeled "Fn" that you may hold down at the same time as the F12 button to get the opposite input. You may ultimately need to look up the user's guide for your particular laptop model, though pressing an "Fn" or Function button along with F12 should do the trick. There may also be a function lock setting, though again you will need to refer to the guide for your laptop to get the most accurate information.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Noooooo. it is entirely your platform. i know how to press an fn F 12 key. this is a known issue that i was made aware of several months ago. please escalate and get this bug fixed ASAP.

Comment

i CANNOT put a text box on the chart even using the mouse point and click.

Comment

Hello hdge4u,

Thank you for your reply.

I just tested the F12 keyboard shortcut and was able to draw text without any issues on version 8.1.1.7. Please send your diagnostic files to our support team via email so we may further investigate. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please also provide a brief description fo what happens when you try to draw text with a mouse point and click.

We look forward to further assisting you.​

Comment

all the other fn F keys work. the TEXT will not! neither with fn Keys or using menu drop down. please advise ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by hdge4u View Post
              all the other fn F keys work. the TEXT will not! neither with fn Keys or using menu drop down. please advise ASAP
              Hello hdge4u,

In order to further investigate and assist you, please send your diagnostic files to use via email as advised in my previous response. With the information here in this forum thread, I am not able to diagnose and resolve this item. It will require more hands-on assistance and investigation and that is why I am requesting that you send in an email. The diagnostic files may contain sensitive information that should not be shared publicly on the forum.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Comment

how to create diagnostic file?

Comment

Hello hdge4u,

I provided the instructions in my previous reply on this thread:
                  Please send your diagnostic files to our support team via email so we may further investigate. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please also provide a brief description of what happens when you try to draw text with a mouse point and click.
                  • In the NinjaTrader platform, go to Control Center > Help > Email Support
                  • Select the category "Platform Technical Support"
                  • Enter your email address in the field provided
                  • Make sure the box for "Log and Trace files" at the bottom is checked (it is checked by default)
                  • In the body of the email, please provide a brief description of the behavior when trying to draw text with F12 or with a mouse click
                  • Finally, click send
                  Thank you for your time and patience.

Comment

oh. i thought i needed to attach something.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Bidder
                    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes