Separation of data from candle sticks when using volume profile on bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separation of data from candle sticks when using volume profile on bars

Hey traders . Not sure where to post this . I like trading the ES off a 2000 tick chart . I like to see where the ticks are on the bars so I added the Volume profile to the bars of my chart . Is there any way to separate the numbers or data from the bar so there is a gap . Just to make the bars more visible . I played with the settings . If I go with from the "right "in settings it will do it but I would like it to work off the left . See the picture to see what I mean .

Hello namias,

Thank you for your post.

What is the name of the volume profile you added to your chart? It doesn't appear to be the volume profile indicator that comes with NinjaTrader by default; is this a script that you developed or was it imported from a third party? If it is the Order Flow Volume Profile that comes with NinjaTrader, please provide a screenshot of your current settings.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    ​I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Emily . It is a NT* indicator . Its " Order Flow Volume Profile " indicator . Here are my settings .​

Comment

Comment

Even if you stretch it out The numbers are still is covered by the bars and no gap . There needs to be Separation between the bar and the data .
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello namias,

Thank you for that information.

As a side note, I have moved this thread to the Technical Support section of the forum since it does not seem to be related to custom NinjaScript development.

Although there is no way to get the label text completely on the right-hand side of the profiles, you could consider lowering the "Value area opacity" to make the profiles more transparent. This might help to see the numbers in the labels more easily. Another option that could help is to increase the number of pixels in the "Profile width (px)" setting. You currently have that set to 1, and the default value is 60.

For a more detailed description of each of the available settings for the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator, please see the following help guide page:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Changing the profile width makes no difference what so ever . I tried playing with all the settings .

Comment

Surely this is just one line of code that needs to be added in . Some sort of margin

Comment

Hello namias,

Thank you for your patience.

I have created a short video that demonstrates the differences between different profile width values:

As described in the help guide for a profile period of bars, "When Bars is selected, one profile per bar is rendered. Space is added between the bars so that the profile is readable. This space is defined in the 'Visual' section below 'Profile width (px)' which is a defaulted to 100. You can group multiple bars by defining the property 'Bars' greater than 1."

If this still does not suit your needs, please describe exactly what your desired setting would be and I would be glad to submit it as a feature request to the development team for future consideration.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Sorry Emily . You must misunderstood the question . Why is there no gap between the candle stick and the Volume profile . In fact The candle stick is covering the contract numbers on the volume profile . I want to be able to se the candle and then the Profile

Comment

Hello namias,

Thank you for your patience and for further clarifying.

I now have a better idea of what you are referring to. There is no gap between the candle and the volume profile by design. You may choose to hide the bars by checking the "Hide bars" box if you'd like. Another option to be able to see the contract numbers better would be to adjust the z-order on the chart so that the volume profile is drawn on the layer on top of the bars. For more information on z-order:

To make this change, select the volume profile object on your chart by left-clicking on it. Some dots will appear to show it has been selected. Next, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and scroll your mouse wheel up and down to change the z-order. If you place the volume profile on a layer above the candles, they will no longer cover up the numbers.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

That's no better . I want to see the candle stick clearly and I want to see the numbers . Surely its just one line of code . Just add it . How hard can it be ?

Comment

Hello namias,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Thanks Emily . I am sure this would only take them 10 minutes to fix .

Comment

​It needs to look some thing like this Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	163
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1261272

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post futtrader