"Unable to connect to DB: unable to open database file"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Unable to connect to DB: unable to open database file"

Hey, I updated to NinjaTrader to 8.1.1.7 and now I can't start Ninjatrader anymore. I keep getting error message "Unable to connect to DB: unable to open database file". I have tried this from another post:

• Shutdown NinjaTrader and navigate to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    ​2.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
    • Reboot your PC.

​When I try to install my old version, it works but no cqg Data anymore. The new one, however, does not working. Any ideas? Thank you. zz0.lv5qd358r2zz
    Attached Files

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.

Please try to completely uninstall it again (from the "Add and Remove Programs" and by renaming the NinjaTrader folder under Documents).
    Then install NinjaTrader 8.0.28.0​ (that is also a download link). After that navigate to Control Center>Help>License key and enter your license key.

If you are still receiving that error message, please email us your log and trace files at support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com, so we may investigate this matter further.
    • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    Thank you!
    Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I just sent an email to support. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post emuns