trading the same instument on two windows or accounts to hedge it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trading the same instument on two windows or accounts to hedge it

How i can trade the same instrument for example xc corn futures on two independent windows. I tried to do it but when i go long on one window the short on the other is closed. How i activate subaccs?

Hello mirex,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is not really possible to hold a long and short position in the same instrument and account. 1 long + 1 short = flat. You would need to trade to separate accounts to truly hold a long and short position simultaneously in the exact same instrument.

With that said, one of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to manage multiple virtual positions in the same market. This allows you to manage a virtual long and short position in the same market simultaneously.

Here is how this is accomplished:
    • Open 2 SuperDOMs or 2 Charts (with Chart Trader) and set them both to the same market
    • Right click in on of the order entry windows and select the menu "Properties"
    • Set the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' parameter to "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly"
    • Repeat the last two instructions on the second order entry window
    • Submit a buy order to open a long position in the first order entry window
    • Submit a sell order to open a short position in the second order entry window
    In addition to these instructions, I suggest reviewing the content available in our Online Help Guide specific to this topic.

However, it's extremely important to note that you would still technically be flat as far as your broker is concerned. ​
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Lancer, 01-29-2020, 10:15 PM
    8 responses
    1 like
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by samish18, 05-04-2024, 12:20 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes