Unable to open NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to open NT8

Hello, from this afternoon I am unable to open NT8, I double-click but nothing happens, If I go to the tasks manager I see it opening but then it says "suspended" and the task closes.

Hello,

Thank you for writing.

May you please send this to us as a ticket at [email protected]. As we need to investigate this matter for you. If you can please also include your log and trace files, when submitting the support request.
    Sean H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Which version of NT are you trying to use? Which Operating System? Are you trying to implement this on a Virtual Private Server (VPS)? If so, which provider are you using?

Comment

I am having the same problem. Disabled all virus and firewall setting, still won't load. first time this has happened. My old version of NT7 still loads correctly.

Comment

Support ticket opened with Christopher J. 2:22pm 7/10/23

Comment

Yes, several of us have been having this problem since March. Seems like they would have fixed it by now, especially since they forced us to move to the new version. Despite that, they still seem to be treating this as a new problem. Go figure.

Comment

NT 8.1, windows 10, no VPS. was working fine on Friday, normal shutdown.

Comment

Wow. Even worse. I'd been thinking the problem was using 8.1 on Google, AWS, or Azure (regardless of the OS). Maybe it's that and more.

Comment

Have you tried opening it in safe mode to determine if the problems caused by a 3rd party addon?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_SeanH View Post
                    Hello,

Thank you for writing.

May you please send this to us as a ticket at [email protected]. As we need to investigate this matter for you. If you can please also include your log and trace files, when submitting the support request.
                    Hello Sean, I finally solved by deleting NT8 but not only that, the folder in OneDrive/Documents/Ninjatrader 8 too, that was the one giving the problem which I don't know what could it be. I saved the trace folder if you want that file for study what can originate that, I can send it to you tomorrow (I tried to open NT8 in safe mode and nothing happened so I think it is NT8 things). Sorry if my English is not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by spottysallrite View Post
                      Which version of NT are you trying to use? Which Operating System? Are you trying to implement this on a Virtual Private Server (VPS)? If so, which provider are you using?
                      Hey! The last version of NT8. Windows 11. Not VPS. Read my last reply to know how I solved it. Thanks for your time!

Comment

Originally posted by midasman View Post
                        I am having the same problem. Disabled all virus and firewall setting, still won't load. first time this has happened. My old version of NT7 still loads correctly.
                        Hello friend read my other repply to know how to solve it, maybe it could work for you

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post
                          Have you tried opening it in safe mode to determine if the problems caused by a 3rd party addon?
                          Yes, nothing happened, read my first repply to know how I solved it. I think it has to be with any kind of coordination between the two existing folders of NT8 in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by meganoxus View Post

Yes, nothing happened, read my first repply to know how I solved it. I think it has to be with any kind of coordination between the two existing folders of NT8 in the system.
                            All you did was uninstall NinjaTrader and delete the NT8 folder, which deletes all of your 3rd party indicators. If the solution was to delete the NT8 folder, then the problem was being caused by a 3rd party addon.

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

All you did was uninstall NinjaTrader and delete the NT8 folder, which deletes all of your 3rd party indicators. If the solution was to delete the NT8 folder, then the problem was being caused by a 3rd party addon.
                              So why opening in safe mode didn't work?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by thumper57, Today, 04:30 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post thumper57  
                              Started by OllieFeraher, 05-09-2024, 11:14 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post MisterTee