Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Hours Templates

Hello Ninjatrader Support...

When an instrument is set in the Data Series of a chart to <Use instrument settings> which trading hours template is this attached to in Ninjatrader?

Which templates get updated when I use the Tools > Database Management > Update trading hours templates?

Do templates get updated automatically or is this something that I should do manually at a certain time of the year?

What about CBOT & NYMEX?

Hello brenthilburn,

Thank you very much for your post.

The default template that applies may be found under Tools > Instruments.

If you e.g. review the ES instrument, you would then see that the default trading hour template on this instrument is the "CME US Index Futures ETH".

If you would like to change the default template that applies to this instrument, you can do so within this window.

To review the trading hour template itself, please click on Tools > Trading Hours, and select the trading hour template in question.

With NinjaTrader 8, these templates update automatically and require no manual update. However, if you adjust them manually, e.g. if you modify one of the templates, you can use the reset to undo these changes.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Manfred Thanks... What about other instruments like GC and CL that use CBOT and NYMEX? Which sets of templates get updated automatically?

Comment

Hello brenthilburn,

Thank you very much for your reply.

All built-in trading hour templates are updated automatically to receive new rollover dates or if a change occurs, e.g. if an instrument splits or merges.

Only custom-made templates or e.g. a copied template would not be updated.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:55 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes