Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play Back - Reveling Future - Mudering PlayBack Purpose

Hello,

I found out that during using NT Playback user is able to see on higher time frames price data which didn't happened yet according to time at which we are at that moment in Playback slider. This is destroying experience, when someone is trying to predict what will happen in price in future, but he can already see clues of what is going to happen when he goes to higher time frame chart.

This is one specific example, but it applies generally and always.

1. Picture:

We can see here, where the week finishing on 3. February 2023 is starting, we are in 1.2.2023, 3:45:21 NY time. High of week at this moment is 4091,25 on ES 03-23. At this moment current market price is about 4082.

​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	64.3 KB ID:	1259032

2. Picture:

This is weekly chart of exact same situation at the same moment as 1. picture. We can see that high indicated by weekly chart wildly different than what is indicated by 1H chart as high of week. In fact, high shown by weekly chart is true high of week which will be reached by price later in this same day of week. User shouldn’t get this information at this time as he doesn’t what to know what will happen, when he is trying to predict what will happen and train himself in trading. This is destroying the purpose of NT Playback.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	82.5 KB ID:	1259033​​

3. Picture:

Picture is showing state of full week price action on 1H chart, where we can see, that high of the week indicated on early morning of 1. February on weekly chart was in fact reached later in that day, but it was already drawn on weekly chart in early morning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	130.1 KB ID:	1259036​​
    Last edited by ImrichV; 07-05-2023, 10:19 AM.

Hello ImrichV,

Thank you for posting.

I have tested this on my end and was unable to reproduce this behavior.

Please close NinjaTrader then go to Documents->NinjaTrader 8->Open the db folder->Delete the cache folder then open NinjaTrader and let me know if you see the same behavior.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Christopher, sure it's still there.

Comment

So I can further assist can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you have installed which can be found in the Control Center under Help->About.

Comment

This is the version:​
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	82
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1259104

Comment

Please close NinjaTrader then download and install version 8.1.7.0 at the link below.
            Please let me know if the issue persists with the latest version installed.

Comment

I have updated the version and I have still same problem.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	5.6 KB ID:	1259171

Btw, I had this problem with all versions I have ever had, now my patience just ended up in trash can and I told myself, that I will report this, if there is any chance that NT will do something about that, so future traders can have better training conditions than I had. But I still don't believe you will do something about that. The prove of that is that you didn't even make the effort to send me link with path to latest version of NT, furthermore, the version you have written in message is wrong. Well done, like always.

Last edited by ImrichV; 07-06-2023, 12:36 AM.

Comment

I have the same problem. Nothing to do with what version you are using. E.G if I set the date for playback 15th June midnight, the daily chart extended hours ES09-23 will show the whole day from midnight 15th June to midnight June 16. I tried a workaround by using 1440 minute charts.

When I trade I like to have the daily, hourly 15min and 5 minute chart up. When using playback I cannot use the daily because its cheating, I can already see what happened in the future. Stupid waste of a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyM View Post
                  I have the same problem. Nothing to do with what version you are using. E.G if I set the date for playback 15th June midnight, the daily chart extended hours ES09-23 will show the whole day from midnight 15th June to midnight June 16. I tried a workaround by using 1440 minute charts.

When I trade I like to have the daily, hourly 15min and 5 minute chart up. When using playback I cannot use the daily because its cheating, I can already see what happened in the future. Stupid waste of a feature.
                  Exactly, I also tried workaround by using 1440 minute chart, but I also look at weekly and monthly chart and when you go to those corresponding minutes like weekly is around 10000 min, it will not work like with 1440min anymore, it will just stay on 1440min candles.

Comment

I have done further testing and was able to reproduce this behavior when toggling the interval to a longer time frame on an existing chart as opposed to having a Daily chart open to begin with. I will forward this to our Development Team and will follow up once I gather additional information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes